Cheap Airport Parking: Birmingham / E Midlands Airports hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• lucyspoon
    lucyspoon Posts: 12 Forumite
    we have used Birmingham Long stay about twice a year and have never had any problems at all - I am booking for 2 weeks in September and will be using them again.
  • notafan
    notafan Posts: 269 Forumite
    I've used NCP longstay at birmingham, its quite a big car park and you could walk to the front door although because its quite big they have free buses too.

My car was fine although its not as nice as a subaru. I have also used the airparks at birmingham which were ok but it was bout 15minutes away on a bus and we had to sit and wait for it to get full for about 20 odd minutes first. Ultimatley they both cost me more or less the same, i'd probably use both again but the ncp longstay was easier.

I suppose your car is insured at the end of the day, although i can understand why that guy was upset especially cause of the hassle.

I've used meteor at manchester and they were quite good too although its very expensive at birmingham.
  • Just beware of the time on the East Midlands website; if you are booking for parking the night before the flight, you have to complete your booking by 10PM (it doesn't mention this anywhere) but this is what time their phone line closes and the web site won't give you a space beyond this time.

I know this because I was offered a space about 9:50PM then spent 20 minutes looking for a coupon or cheaper deal, before coming back to the original offer to find it was no longer available (£42 in the airport carpark itself for a week).

GAH!!!!!

I went with Airparks who are at Donnington Park, the bus was always there and there was no hassle. And it was only £37. It does mean that little extra 8 minute ride with your luggage in the early hours back to the car but once there we were out within 5 mins.
  • Just bought 8 days at Long Stay 1 at tend of August at Birmingham.
    Code 409 is still valid and saved about £8 off the standard online price.
    About £23 saved off the gate price, so it pays to be organised :-)
  • thommy
    thommy Posts: 581 Forumite
    ramada encore have park and fly, birmingham, from £69. i asked why 'from' and the helpful lady said extra days charges depend on demand/availabilty.
    i got family double, one night, with 28 days parking in december at no extra charge - £69. only just off airport too so seems a good price.
  • morning

can someone recommend some hotels near to or onsite at Brum where we can stay and leave the car?

Looking for 8days parking mid sept

cheers
  • clareski
    clareski Posts: 951
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Does anyone have a code for Essential Travel who do meet and greet at Birmingham? Thanks.
  • Im going in a couple of weeks, and am really hoping someone has a code to bring down the price of the short stay car park?

Ive been round the internet 10 times and no luck so far ...

£99 for 8 days is the best they have on the NCP site.

I know I can get cheaper at other parks, but basically, im lazy, and would feel more secure if my car was in the shortstay at the airport.

Please help fellow MSEs!

Thanks
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,698
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I park at the short-stay and long stay at Birmingham several dozens of times a year. I wouldn't say the short stay is any safer than the long stay. I don't drive a fancy motor and always hide the satnav well, so no issues there.

If you can mange to park near one of the bus stops in the long stay you can actually end up walking a little less than the short stay (there is only a few yards in it). The only downside is lugging big cases into the bus.

I usually only park in the short stay when I'm away for two days or less.

I'm not aware there are any current codes for these NCPs.

Please note the short stays have all been renumbered a whike back, and short-stay 1 is now the nice one by the roundabout/ibis (it used to be short-stay 3)
  • ruear
    ruear Posts: 103
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If flying from Birmingham airport join the cloud nine club:

http://www.cloudninemagazine.co.uk/offers/login.aspx

Its free to join and you get 15% off car parking, 10% off in airport purchases and other offers.
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. Terry Pratchett
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback