Neighbour

2»

Comments

• dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Well, the felt off his shed blew into our garden

So I wrote to say we had it, didn't want to throw over fence nor bin as didn't want to upset him/ or dispose of it without his knowledge

But if he would like it if he could he let me know so I could return

Also mentioned fence said that he probably was unaware and we were willing to assist but would appreciate his input

Also mentioned the cctv that was going up and to let us know if he had any concerns.

2 days later, last night, he knocked on door asking if he could recover his felt.

Then asked to look at fence

Spoke re cctv

Anyway today he has striped back ivy replaced one panel and was chatty

I said I had access to a van if we could help pick up panels

All in all great result and I definitely think the letter was the best approach as he has previously been difficult but he was actually very pleasant
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • Nice one, good to hear it was a positive result.
  • dipsy
    Nice one, good to hear it was a positive result.

was very pleasantly surprised, hopefully this will be the start of better relations, not saying we will ever be having a BBQ together but rubbing along with no issues is a definite plus

thanks for all of your suggestions
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Maybe now is the time to knock and offer him cake? He's obviously not as bad as you thought he was and a nice gesture like that will help with any future communication you need to have with him
  • dipsy
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    Maybe now is the time to knock and offer him cake? He's obviously not as bad as you thought he was and a nice gesture like that will help with any future communication you need to have with him

Not sure what the fascination is about cake and tea lol

I won't be nipping around with cake - may offer him some gardening products in lieu :-)
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
  • Coinmachine
    Coinmachine Posts: 225 Forumite
    As an alternative to cake how about some chocolate bourbon biscuits?
    I'm a greenfield sight for sore eyes, and sore eyes are just needing the light, the shapes, and the shadows of the space we share, before it splits into Thin Air.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dipsy wrote: »
    Not sure what the fascination is about cake and tea lol

I won't be nipping around with cake - may offer him some gardening products in lieu :-)

It's just a friendly gesture. No more, no less.
  • dipsy
    I think he may appreciate the garden products, (I work for a gardening company), he loves his garden

I have also arrange to collect the panels needed and a spare green bin for him, totally in awe of the fact he was so obliging and will do all I can to keep relationships good going forward.
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport