Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 385
    • Alarae
    • By Alarae 16th Mar 18, 1:30 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    15 Feb - View house (just back to market), first through the door and offer full asking price
    16 Feb - Offer accepted. AIP via L&C.
    19 Feb - Send all info to broker for full app.
    21 Feb - Try to submit full app- technical glitch.
    23 Feb - Full app finally submitted to Santander.
    26 Feb - Email over extra documents.
    27 Feb - Ask for more documents
    28 Feb - Documents submitted
    5 Mar - Passed to underwriters
    7 Mar - More documents requested
    8 Mar - Documents provided
    10 Mar - Back to underwriters
    14 Mar - More documents requested
    16 Mar - Documents submitted

I hate Santander systems. Every time we submit more documents they are in one queue to be reviewed, then after that they go back into another queue to be passed to underwriters.

At this point I am not sure what else they could want other than my dress size..
    Save 10k in 2018: #58

£2,036.20 / £10,000 - 12.52%
    • steph2901
    • By steph2901 16th Mar 18, 3:00 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Our valuation has been done and now with the underwriter, broker says we should have an update Monday. I can't stand the waiting!

Our timeline so far

24/2 View house and put offer in. Offer accepted later that day
    26/2 Contact broker for AIP
    28/2 AIP from Precise
    5/3 Full application
    6/3 Signed declaration and DD mandate
    7/3 Precise ask for P60s
    12/3 Questions asked about bank account transactions (it was maintenance payments from ex for daughter)
    15/3 Valuation done
    16/3 Broker says it's with the underwriter and should have an update Monday
    • Scottmac19
    • By Scottmac19 16th Mar 18, 4:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Broker now saying valuation has been done and if there was anything they didn’t like they wouldn’t of done a valuation , hopefully get this over the line soon
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 16th Mar 18, 6:11 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    Virgin Money have come back with lots of questions about my OH who isn't on my applicant or dependant and told me I will need to pay off my student loan!

Broker did not mention this! It's not a large amount but a bit frustrating that I declared it on application to broker that I have 4 months left to pay by DD and they said if would be fine.

Proper stressing about the amount of Q's they asked. More so when I had already provided much of the info.
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 16th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    They also sent valuer before receiving docs and asking any questions which means if they Decline me I have lost the fee for that. Bit of a backwards set up
    • Spendingqueen
    • By Spendingqueen 18th Mar 18, 3:11 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Things have progressed - Our offer was released last Tuesday and should have been posted however we haven't received it yet - Now it has taken 2 weeks nearly to get the offer posted out - So it has taken 2 months for them to sort this simple mortgage. At least we have an offer - Hoping it arrives by post tomorrow to us and the solicitors, enquiries back from sellers solicitors and ready to sign hopefully this week

Maybe I should close my H2B ISA as don't want to be leaving it to bank holiday weekend and waiting for documents as surely that will just delay things - It seems to have taken forever.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,498Posts Today

7,812Users online

Martin's Twitter