Starting a wheelie bin cleaning business

Options
13»

Comments

• pauliem
    Options
    I cleaned my bin out for the first time yesterday and I'd be happy to pay someone to do it - I certainly never want to do it again.

I had no idea before reading this thread that such businesses already exist. I shall find one and sign up!
  • KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    How would you approach those who use communal dumpsters, approach flat occupants themselves and do it off the back of their consent? Or go through the property management company?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,644 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interestingly, OP started a thread in Feb 2016 about setting up a and running a car parking business, but never returned to the thread.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • JH8619
    Options
    I own a successful bin cleaning biz

Over 2000 customers signed up, we charge £4 a bin per month.

Alot of perseverance has been needed to get it there though, definitely not for the work shy!

And you can deny it all you like, people DO need there bins cleaned, we have seen it all :D !
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,644 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2018 at 9:09PM
    Options
    JH8619 wrote: »
    I own.....seen it all !

This thread is nearly 2 years old!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Shell006
    Options
    Hi there, hiya just wondering did u start your business up . And get any information . As my husband is on about doing it . 🙂

I'm wanting to start a wheelie bin cleaning business and wondering if there is anyone out there who is currently in this field and can provide me with information on their equipment? I have been quoted almost 10k for a hydraulic operated trailer system which obviously is a massive outlay for a relatively simple operation. I know there is waste management laws and licenses which need to be adhered to and i am clued up on this... I'm really only looking for information on equipment and costs. If I could have any information on expected annual turnover and net profit I'd be grateful.

Kind regards
    Gary[/QUOTE]
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shell006 wrote: »
    Hi there, hiya just wondering did u start your business up . And get any information . As my husband is on about doing it . 🙂

I'm wanting to start a wheelie bin cleaning business and wondering if there is anyone out there who is currently in this field and can provide me with information on their equipment? I have been quoted almost 10k for a hydraulic operated trailer system which obviously is a massive outlay for a relatively simple operation. I know there is waste management laws and licenses which need to be adhered to and i am clued up on this... I'm really only looking for information on equipment and costs. If I could have any information on expected annual turnover and net profit I'd be grateful.

Kind regards
    Gary
    [/QUOTE]

The OP has not logged in since 2017 so is unlikely to see your post.

I think I'll close this thread before people get confused and start responding to a 2 year old question.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure