Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all! Somehow I've got away with just a 1lb gain - I weighed myself on Monday and have lost 2lb since then somehow despite eating non-stop. A STS or a small gain almost annoys me more than a big one when I've been really off-plan because I think if I'd just had a bit more self-control it would have been a loss.

Never mind. Onwards. Going to make a plan and a shopping list like I said I was going to the other day :wall:
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Well it's showing a loss of 1lb but that is not a true reading really as I don't weigh until Sunday. Next Friday will be better hopefully.
    I hope everyone else has done ok,if not, keep trying.:T:T:T
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,558 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Wiz - well done a lb loss is good. Just need to keep within your syns this week. If you go to pieces over the weekend, tot up how many syns you've had and then reduce over the rest of the week.

I usually have most of my syns at the weekend and then rein it back during the week. It seems to work most of the time. This week using my syns properly I only managed a STS, which is annoying.

Sorry to hear you've broken your arm FE. How did you manage that?

I was going to do a Green day today but want a fish pie for dinner tonight and there just isn't enough fish in an HEB to make is worthwhile so having an EE day today.

B - mushroom omelette
    L - beanburger, fried up potato, pitta (HEB), salad - lettuce,cucumber, tomato
    D - fish pie - salmon, smoked haddock, white fish & prawns; will also add some peas & spinach

Syns - cheese sauce 4 syns; weekend wine:D

Will be over syns today but was under yesterday so still have a couple in hand.

Denise
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Afternoon all

My tummy seems to have settled down again today. Had a good night last night, decided against the LPD and wore a skirt with elasticated waist - I got up from my seat not realising the hem was under my foot, and I nearly pulled it down! Dinner was SW friendly - melon and ham to start, steak, roast potatoes and veg (I gave most of the roasties and 1/3rd of the steak to DH) and banana split with squirty cream and ice cream (which DH also got).
    jayII wrote: »
    4lbs loss for me, I'm stunned as I really haven't stuck to the plan very well because it's been a super-stressful week at work.

But, I've eaten crisps and chocolate embarrassingly often at night, so 4lbs loss is a very happy surprise. :D

Great result - imagine what it could have been without the crisps and chocolate! You are allowed to eat them, did you calculate the Syns? It may be that you were still within your Syns. I don't know what your starting weight is, or whether you're male or female, but did you know you get more Syns if you're over 16 stone and even more in you're male?

beanielou wrote: »
    A gain of 1lb for me

Take care Flat Eric.

That's not as bad as you were expecting, how are you doing with regard to your target?

Sorry to hear about your arm FE, how did it happen?
    I need to go on a bit of a spending fast too - I'm thinking this week will go something like:
    breakfast: need to break away from heb every breakfast! so maybe heb shreddies (35g?) with milk from hea and an apple on really busy days. scrambled eggs with ham and baked beans when I have a little more time
    snacks: hard boiled eggs, seafood sticks
    lunches: salad (tuna or chicken with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper) or soup (cauliflower and horseradish or leek and potato)
    evening meals: this is where I need to think and probably have something different to the others; omelette, more soup, baked fish with jacket potato and salad
    syns: hot chocolate of an evening (2/3), 5 for a biscuit after lunch at work, other available for mayo/sauces with evening meals maybe

How are your tummy issues Lush?

Looking at your menu your evening meals don't seem very substantial, are you eating enough?

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • HeticMum
    HeticMum Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 17 March 2017 at 1:54PM
    Hi, I just had my first week and lost 3lb which i was pleased about until others in the group lost over half a stone!! I stuck to plan really well but stuggle with Veg - I dont like it unless its covered in cheese or gravy hence why i am overweight and i cant believe how much my food shopping has gone up! Any tips on snacks for Fri/Sat night?

breakie: heb - low fat spread (syn) on toast and an apple
    lunch: ham salad with a handful of pasta and tblsp of tesco low fat mayo (syn) and an apple
    dinner: beef stew

hea for milk in tea,
    snacks / rest of sys: muller light, banana, options hot choc with light aerosol cream.

Thanks
  • Hi everyone

STS for me this week please which I am happy about as I have been less than angelic againnnn! Hoping to behave myself this week though and get a loss on Wednesday (although having a night out with my mumma on Tuesday which is always a good idea the night before WI isn't it?! :rotfl:)

I went top up food shopping today in slightly tighter than comfortable trousers and boy it did wonders for the willpower :D I sailed straight past the choc and biccie aisles, totally doing that again :p

Well done everyone who lost this week :T
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    How are your tummy issues Lush?

Looking at your menu your evening meals don't seem very substantial, are you eating enough?

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)

Thank you for thinking of me :) they seem to have settled down somewhat - no real pain now which is a relief.

I struggle with evening meals if I'm honest. I can't even remember what I used to have the first time I did SW and I'm often not that hungry as I often eat my lunch quite late (often almost 2pm by the time I actually eat). And I'm also not drinking enough - I think my body is just used to an almost permanent state of dehydration now which isn't good at all!

I'm going to look through my 100 extra easy days book and see if I can get inspired

I've picked up a couple of small yogurts in morrisons - the good and eat smart fat free natural yogurt. I need to find the syns of them - can anyone help?
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • tammy61
    tammy61 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I wonder whether any of you could help me. I attend SW after a few years "off" when I went before it was green and red days now it's all altered. Don't get me wrong I have lost weight on this new one but I loved the red and green days and found it so easy. Could anyone let me no where I could get the starter pack for the red and green days. I've tried everywhere e bay, even my local S W club but I can't find them anywhere. Is there anyone out there who could help me. Thankyou.
  • leslieknope
    leslieknope Posts: 334 Forumite
    congrats everyone on your losses!

breakfast: poached egg and bacon with fat off - 2 syns for the oil
    lunch: scrambled egg on toast - 5 syns for the toast
    dinner: i have bolognaise (syn free!) to warm up as it's a late night at work
    HEA: milk
    HEB: hifi bars
    coffee is free

i do have an options hot chocolate & pack of cheetos which would bring my syn total to 11. but i also have an apple and a plum which would leave me at 5 syns. we'll see how i feel after a long day at work...
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • leslieknope
    leslieknope Posts: 334 Forumite
    I've picked up a couple of small yogurts in morrisons - the good and eat smart fat free natural yogurt. I need to find the syns of them - can anyone help?

according to the online calculator:

Morrisons Eat Smart Counted Greek Style Natural Yogurt, Fat Free 500g pot (per 100g)
    FREE
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills