Boiler Servicing Costs

Just had a service on my 1 year old Worcester Greenstar 24ri boiler and been charged £90 including vat.Just wondered if this is about right.I also expected a service report but said they don't normally supply one and that an invoice is all that is needed for warranty purposes.Any thoughts please.

Comments

• £60 incl VAT is the going rate round yes but the price you've been quoted may include other things. The servicing engineer should have completed the benchmark log book in the manual as this is what the manufacturer would look for to prove the boiler has been properly serviced.
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    I am going to replace my outdated warm air heating and I've been paying SG £250 a year for maintenance so if that's all I'll be paying when I get new heating I'll be happy.
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I paid £78 at the beginning of the year. I've got the invoice and a stamp in the book. The invoice has a brief list of what was tested, but that's all.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £39 this year to get the repeat business i guess.
    Same company charged me £60 the year before.

I got a full list of what was done including the breakdown of the flue emissions, gas drop tests and various other bits.
    They also filled in the service book and stapled a duplicate copy of the report to it.

Pretty much the same as last year.

I believe with WB they also have the ability to fill in some online system to register the warranty. Not sure if they use the same system to update the service intervals.

Edit: O and they emptied and cleaned the Magnetic trap.
  • zipdip
    zipdip Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have always tried to have the boiler service in the late summer,you get a better price,if you have a new boiler and it has a 5 or 7 year warranty then you need a service by somebody who can sign the book that comes with the boiler,I would have thought £50/60 for a service was about the right money.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I rang round and all quotes were £95 - £115. This includes new burner nozzle.

I received an invoice showing labour and all parts (there was a fault so extra parts) and a seperate OFTEC report showing all test results (emmissions etc) and recomendations for upgrades
  • Whereabouts are you located? Some parts of the country may well be cheaper than others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure