Car Boot Sale in North East?

Newtonlot
Newtonlot Posts: 191 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
With all this talk of car boots sales I am really keen to go to one. Does anyone know of any in the North East ? Preferably near Sunderland or Middlesbrough.
Would love to be able to buy some bargains and may even have a try at getting rid of some of my unused stuff.
Cheers :beer:
Newtonlot on an MSE mission

Comments

• gerryfitz
    gerryfitz Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sedgefield Racecourse hold one of the biggest in the area, every Sunday morning and some weekdays, Thursday I think.
  • Deni_zen
    Deni_zen Posts: 60 Forumite
    Hi

There is a really good car booty at Hexham Auction Mart every Sunday from 1pm - if you want to sell stuff you need to get there early though as people start to queue from about 10am.

I did one there a couple of weeks ago in the freezing cold and made about £70 profit on a load of old tat! It costs £10 for a pitch.

Deni
    Deni_zen :A

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
    Aneurin Bevan
  • Eagle_1
    Eagle_1 Posts: 8,484 Forumite
    Redcar used to do one on a Sunday not sure if its still on.
    Also Hartlepool (in the shopping centre) they have a weekly car boot type market, its on a Wednesday and have many stalls in the area which houses the outside market.
    Sedgefield is Sunday (or used to be) and Thursdays.

A good General market is Catterick on a sunday, they have loads of stalls and gets quite busy.

i will keep my eyes open for others, you often see the bootsales advertised in the free papers.
  • gilly41
    gilly41 Posts: 909 Forumite
    Hi
    Scorton do one on a Wednesday evening and Sunday morning.
    Also there is one at Thornaby on a Friday evening and Sunday afternoon at Norton
    Hope this helps
    xx
    Sealed pot challenge 7...my number is 2144.....started Nov 29th ....
  • Eagle_1
    Eagle_1 Posts: 8,484 Forumite
    Scorton, aye I knew there was another one id been to but couldnt remember what it was called :D
  • There's one on at Seaham on a Sunday,starts at 1pm.For those who don't like to be out a 7am on a Sunday it's great.
    He who smiles rather than rages is always
    the stronger
  • Newtonlot
    Newtonlot Posts: 191 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Excellent. So many to try. Think I will ask Mr Newtonlot to take me to one for mothers day. Will have to save up my pennies.
    :j :rotfl: :j :rotfl:
    Newtonlot on an MSE mission
  • davey210
    davey210 Posts: 915 Forumite
    Newtonlot wrote:
    Excellent. So many to try. Think I will ask Mr Newtonlot to take me to one for mothers day. Will have to save up my pennies.
    :j :rotfl: :j :rotfl:

Also dont forget tocketts mill guisbrough,starts 4.00 pm sundays :beer:
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I used to love the Norton one, used to goto Sedgefield on the morning (which I think is poor now) and then through to Norton for the afternoon.

Don't know how up to date this is http://www.carbootjunction.com/

I clicked search then Durham, brought up ones like Seaham, ChesterleStreet etc
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • nu1isit?
    nu1isit? Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello lil_me.

There's also a car boot sale on Saturdays at Seaham (the opposite side of the road to the Sunday one). It's only been going a fortnight - but you can get some good bargains there.

:D:D:D
    😇 Sealed Pot Challenge: Member No: 20: 2012 = £92.14; 2013 = £45.27; 2014 = £54.70; 2015 = ; 2016 = £70.38 2022 = £10.58 2023 = ???? 🍀 2023 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD 65/365 so far. 👾 The Other Way, or the MSE Way: My Personal Challenge 🍀 The Other Way, or the MSE Way: My Personal Challenge 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure