"Complete Savings" scheme

Comments

• claireyx_2
    claireyx_2 Posts: 181 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2013 at 8:01PM
    [Text removed by MSE Forum Team]

No idea how they have got my bank details, but they've been taking money from me too. I'm pretty (or so I thought) computer savvy and I genuinely have no clue how they got my bank details. I would NEVER have agreed to this.

I'm so angry. If they think I'm going to go away quietly they've got another thing coming.

[Text removed by MSE Forum Team]
    :j2013 wins:j
    £120, FIORELLI handbag, £100 Love2Shop vouchers, £90 make up bundle, Ipad Mini, beauty products x4, necklace, false eyelashes

"In the hopes of reaching the moon, men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet" - Albert Schweitzer
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    jimmybrid wrote: »
    Obviously I have been a supporter of Complete Savings, and I still am a member and make the most of the savings available, but I have noticed a slowdown in the processing of Cashback cheques recently. Complete Savings say it's due to the busy Christmas period, but I wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same?

It way well be seasonal but its also down to the retailer to report purchases so maybe its not just their fault.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    claireyx wrote: »
    hahaha. who do you actually think you are kidding! I guess we will see you in court then! :rotfl:

Do you really think so? Mmmm, perhaps not, because anytime I ever look at their links it all appears perfectly sound, very clear. Maybe this is why the authorities havent, wont or cant take action? Its clear when it asks for credit card details that you are signing up for a free 30 day trial and will be charged £10 per month after. Or do you think this is where your 'computer savvy' broke down and you only know PayPal and dont understand how to use a creditcard? FACT - if you type your 16 digit card number, expiry date and csv number into a website, it will most likely be for a payment....WOW!!!! You learn something everyday Claireyx!
    Constantly surprises me how so many people refuse to admit they made a mistake and hide behind mock offence that they were cheated. Respect to the few posters recently who did concede their mistake or oversight.
  • If this is the same as Rewards First, then I joined that via zavvi back in 2011, got my cheque for £10 cashback, cancelled before the date and didn't get any money taken out of my bank account.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • claireyx wrote: »
    the amount of plants the company have put into this thread is outrageous. Just shows what kind of company they are.

No idea how they have got my bank details, but they've been taking money from me too. I'm pretty (or so I thought) computer savvy and I genuinely have no clue how they got my bank details. I would NEVER have agreed to this.

I'm so angry. If they think I'm going to go away quietly they've got another thing coming.

And if they don't think we can't see right through all the 'supporters' on this thread then they are deluded. The FSA will be DYING to know about you.

Claireyx, seriously? I suspect everyone on here knows how they got your credit card details. YOU TYPED THEM IN. I guess you should be thankful they are only trying to scam you out of £10 a month, and not significantly more.
    Mortgage 1 Oct 11 - £118k @ 1.29%(BR+0.79) July 14 £118k
    Mortgage 2 Oct 11 - £17k @ 3.19%(BR+2.69) July 14 £3k (£0 after offsetting)
    Mortgage total Oct 11 - £135k July 14 £121k (£118k)
    Reg Savers (6%) - July 14 £5.1k
    ISAs - £0.6k
    Santander 123 Acc (3%) - £5k
  • sphrp2
    sphrp2 Posts: 82 Forumite
    I wasn't sure if it was a scam, or at least one of those "insanely difficult to get out of" schemes but (after a bit of googling) I signed up for the free trial period via National Express. I got my £15 cheque just under 3 weeks after emailing my receipts and promptly cancelled my membership by following the customer service link.

It's true that the link looks like it belongs to the website you were shopping on, but I had to enter my details twice - once for the purchase of the bus tickets and again for membership of complete savings.

As with most things, as long as you read and abide by the small print, you'll be ok.
  • complete savings certainly isn't a scam,i've been doing shoppers discount then complete savings for about 2 years now and i'm about £250 in credit to date.
    when you first sign up for the 30 days free trial with your credit card details,if you don't cancel within the 30 days the £10 will be taken every month after this.
    if you didn't realize this surely most people would cancel after the first £10 has come out,if you never look at your credit statement and see what is coming out then it your own fault.
    as for using complete savings,if you don't much money through the year its not worth it.
    how you should look at is that £120 will be taken out each year so the idea is to get more back than this.
    there are over 800 retailers to choose from,most of the year i spend very little say £5 to £10 on stuff that i need,this is to get back £10 cashback every month,so use it 12 times a year.
    so what i have said is to break even.
    now i use the site for getting currency ,last year spent £800,so that meant i got £80 cashback,car insurance got £35 cashback.
    also if you book hoildays on here this is where you can get your money back.
  • I inadvertently got sucked into this Complete savings scheme while buying a ticket from National Express. What fools you is that the national Express logo is on the registration form making you feel as though you are dealing with them. This should be banned by the office of fair trading or whoever is supposed to keep consumers safe. You only have to look at their own website to see how many people are 'tricked' into signing up for this scheme with Complete Savings. The only good news is that they did refund my ten pounds. If they take any more they will hear from my Solicitor. I also have their address so I could pop in and explain my displeasure.
    I shant be using National Express in future either. They are obviously in cohoots with these people.
  • awhite6000
    awhite6000 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 28 May 2013 at 7:59PM
    Today upon checking my bank account I too found that I had a £10 charge from Complete Savings.co.uk, when I called my bank to tell them I had not made this purchase they advised me that they would peak to them on my behalf, they told me they had had a few complaints about them. Upon talking to them he explained I could cancel my account and get a full refund, he then put me through to them.

I spoke to one of the customer services people, a woman called Afnan. She explained to me that the account was created when I took out a NET flix account back in December 11th 2011, I had signed up for a £15 off voucher. They cancelled my account, told me they would refund my last three payments and that I would have to fill out a refund form for rest which they would email. Upon recieving this email and form they have stated:

'
    Additional Refund Claim Form

Please provide the following information to facilitate our assessment of your additional refund claim.

On receipt of your completed claim form we will be able to process refunds of up to 6 months.

Once our assessment is complete and your additional refund processed, it will be credited to your credit card or debit card account within 10 working days and a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you have listed'

Only 6x months, I have been paying this since Dec 2011, I should be getting 14 months refunded.

What can I do?

Something should be done about this company, [Text removed by MSE Forum Team].
  • awhite6000 wrote: »
    What can I do?

Something should be done about this company, they are misleading the public completely and enticing people into a honey pot where they debit consumers accounts thereafter.

What can you do? Stop bleating about your own mistake. You entered your credit card details on a link, every time I've ever read the links its very clear its signing up for a free 30 day trial and then £10pm after.

Something should be done about this company....Yeah, give them a reward. So far I have saved over £1000 in 2 years being a member of this scheme so keep up the good work!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure