Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Comments

• lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dolmio Taste of Italy is 2 for £2 in Tesco for 350g jars, and in the Tesco magazine there is a voucher for 50 extra points when you buy one. The T&Cs state one coupon per product purchased, so for £2 you can get 100 points - £4 in Tesco rewards.
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • "For every two aluminium cans you recycle at our Tesco automatic recycling centres, we’ll reward you with one green Clubcard point"

...So a pack of 12 coke cans recycled is worth 6 ClubCard points
    That is the equivalent of a £6 spend

Someone at tesco told me that it accepts soup cans as well as drink cans but haven't confirmed this myself!
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    6 points x 4 = 24p in deals or 6p in coupon form xx
    SIMPLES!
  • netlaw wrote: »
    "For every two aluminium cans you recycle at our Tesco automatic recycling centres, we’ll reward you with one green Clubcard point"

Someone at tesco told me that it accepts soup cans as well as drink cans but haven't confirmed this myself!
    Welcome to the thread. First post too!
    I did not know about the Green points for cans scheme. Thanks.
    I will have to see how they actually operate this at our local Tesco. Up to now we leave our cans outside every two weeks for collection. Maybe it would be worth it to join the Tesco scheme! :D
  • netlaw wrote: »
    "For every two aluminium cans you recycle at our Tesco automatic recycling centres, we’ll reward you with one green Clubcard point"

Ecky-thump wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread. First post too!
    I did not know about the Green points for cans scheme. Thanks.
    I will have to see how they actually operate this at our local Tesco. Up to now we leave our cans outside every two weeks for collection. Maybe it would be worth it to join the Tesco scheme! :D

The machine accepts aluminium cans only. Most drinks cans are, but not all. Most tinned food is in steel cans but again there are some exceptions. The best way to test is to use a magnet. A magnet will NOT stick to an aluminium can.
    for more info and for where the machines are.... http://www.tesco.com/greenerliving/greener_tesco/what_tesco_is_doing/tesco_automated_recycling_centres.page?
  • Thanks for that link Littlesusie, but there are no can machines in the BS postcode area; Bristol. The nearest is Gloucestershire and Wiltshire! Ah well, nice one though for Tesco to do that, and I hope it comes to our area soon. :)
  • mrsg26
    mrsg26 Posts: 228 Forumite
    I have only just started saving with tesco clubcard - i have an old style tesco bonus mastercard which has a clubcard number at the bottom of it. I havent really used the card so called this morning to find out what benefits this card gave me and was told none!! Can someone explain how clubcard points accrue with this card i.e is it just the exact same as a clubcard? I was hoping to purchase a bed at £387 and thought i could get extra points paying on the card rather than cash. Have spoken to 3 different people today @ tesco bank and all of them have given me conflicting info. Also if this card does not give any extra points then does anyone know how i could change it? thanks.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 September 2010 at 7:36PM
    Hello mrsg26,
    I do not know about your old style card, so I'm a bit confused by your post.
    Tesco Clubcard is not a savings card, but a Loyalty card. I am one of the lucky ones who has a Clubcard Plus[into which I advance 'bank' my shopping money at CS each time I go in], but they're not available atm.

You can still get double points on some spending with an ordinary CC and it would be worthwhile your looking in the new catalogue and seeing if your bed choice attracts bonus points[there are points offers].

You've made phonecalls, but have you used Freephone HO no. 0800-505555? Tesco Bank come under Tesco Personal Finance - they don't know about points/CC/offers etc.

On the HO Freephone, I'd express my unhappiness at not having been kept fully informed about my card status or updated re: changeover/alternative card. Explain exactly as you have in your post - have it ready on your computer to refer to. Express your bewilderment that a national retailer, to whom you are being loyal, seems so muddled and unprofessional:D;)and risks losing a near £400 single item sale....

For Clubcard matters, you may need another Freephone 0800-591688.

Good luck:)
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mrsg26 wrote: »
    I have only just started saving with tesco clubcard - i have an old style tesco bonus mastercard which has a clubcard number at the bottom of it. I havent really used the card so called this morning to find out what benefits this card gave me and was told none!! Can someone explain how clubcard points accrue with this card i.e is it just the exact same as a clubcard? I was hoping to purchase a bed at £387 and thought i could get extra points paying on the card rather than cash. Have spoken to 3 different people today @ tesco bank and all of them have given me conflicting info. Also if this card does not give any extra points then does anyone know how i could change it? thanks.

Current TESCO Credit Card will give 1 Club Card point for every £4 (non TESCO) spend, so, a £400 bed is worth 100 points and so on.

If your old card does not give this, get it changed with TESCO to the one currently issued.
    Marry a Foreigner, its so much cheaper!
  • ajbisgr8
    ajbisgr8 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Double check what sort of card you have before swapping. I've got a tesco platinum mastercard and gives far more points than the 1 for £4 one does!

There was an article in the media a while back about a couple that paid for their honeymoon by collecting cans and recycling them at tesco - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7654254.stm :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure