PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 17th June 2017

FurryBeastOz
FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 17 June 2017 at 4:34AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 17th June 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Quick wave before I get on a plane for London. My parents wedding anniversary and we are haveing a family get together.

Thank you all for the good wishes. This weekend I am just going to try and forget all the nastiness and enjoy family. The weather is supposed to be lovely.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. I may or may not be popping in.
Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Safe journey FBO and happy Saturday everyone.

I have some work to do later, at least will be doing it in a clean (ish) house.

Got up an hour ago as I woke as the birds started singing.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,011 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning everyone.

Another early bird here although I won't be getting up just yet.

Art show last night was good, I had seen it all earlier in the day anyway so I mingled a bit and was home after an hour and in bed by eight. I watched the first episode of The Loch and last episode of NCIS before falling asleep.

Today is planed to be one of rest! I don't need to go out, there's no washing to be done and I've got my book to finish. Tomorrow I'm going down to Glasgow so that will be full on.

FBO - hope you really enjoy London and the get together.

Sir Billy Connolly- I salute you.

PC. Keith Palmer - I salute you too.

Despite the persistent rain here I wish everyone a happy Saturday.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread FBO, I'll take my boots off for now!

Sunny here it looks like it could be another scorcher, I will sit in front and hand sew once my other jobs are done.

My tenant still hasn't exchanged so her mum has paid the deposit and will pay the rent for the next few months until it is sorted.

I feel sorry for her, house selling is a nightmare, but I was getting to the stage where I couldn't wait much longer as I need the income from the house to live on when I retire in October & I need to build up a buffer too.

Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning
    Thanks for the thread FBO, have a safe journey.

Still early but already hot. Need to do housework and garden but too hot in the day and too exhausted in the evening.

Bought a John Lewis / Waitrose gift card yesterday from Morrisons. Extra Morrisons points worth £5, part paid on my bank card 5% cashback worth £1.50.
    So £50 card for £43.50 and I have a £6 off £30 spend coupon for Waitrose, and a free coffee when I'm shopping, so pleased with myself.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off FurryBeastOz

Hugs to those that are unwell or having a difficult time at the moment.

The forecast for today is good, so I hope that we get some nice sunny weather.

My cousin and his wife arrived as planned and are installed in a local hotel for a few days before they go down to London to visit some friends there. We had a lovely evening yesterday. My brother and his family came over and we all went out for a drink. We ended up back at the hotel they are staying at and we finally left there about 2.00am this morning. I’m getting too old for these early mornings,

Today we are going to visit a few places that my cousin and his wife like around here and then going out for a meal.

When my cousin leaves England they are going to a few places in Europe until the beginning of August and then they would like us all to go away for a long weekend if possible to Guernsey. Our fathers’ were from Guernsey and we haven’t been back as a group since 1994, when we went with my parents and my aunt and uncle as well. So if we can fit it around my brother’s numerous holidays this summer it will be great.

Time to go and get another cup of tea and some breakfast.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Good Morning everyone.
    Thanks for starting off FBO, and hope you have a great weekend.
    It's fine and warm here, it's set to be a lovely day. Yesterday went as planned, and I've got a bit of a list for today. The fridge needs tidying - don't know how it gets in such a state, there are only two of us, we must be a messy pair.
    Booked a few days away in the caravan from tomorrow till Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that. We're only going 1.5 hours away, but hey, it's a change! I know the weather won't stay this good till Thursday, but it doesn't matter, we'll find stuff to do.
    There's a bit of shopping to do, but don't need much. I've got a choice of 3 supermarkets within easy reach - hope the excitement of choosing which one to go to isn't too much for me.
    Have a good Saturday everyone.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My legs are in recovery :D I dug out my old copy of Rosemary Conley's Inch Loss Plan and decided to follow the daily exercises. Not the diet – I refuse to give up chocolate. The exercises feel nice and gentle over 28 days but they really pull you into shape. I knew my legs were going to ache, I've been limping on and off for ages and the muscles really need stretching and strengthening. Day one – great. Day two – woke up slightly achy, by lunchtime the back of my legs were killing me and it really hurt just getting up and down off a chair :D I took the day off then repeated day one on the third and fourth days. Today I progress to day two, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I eat my main meal at lunchtime, I'm not very hungry in the evenings and I was picking at rubbish. I've started eating a big bowl of fruit salad at 7pm-ish instead, I feel so much better. Though I usually have a kit-kat afterwards :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So far, the garden has produced one skinny carrot and one big strawberry.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I was fed up a couple of days ago so I jumped in the shower late afternoon, got dressed and took myself off to the pub. Had a few bacardis and was very happy :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dad had his PICC line put in on monday and started treatment on wednesday. They attached a small pump to the thing in his arm, the pump controls the flow of drugs going in. Two days later the district nurse pops round and removes the pump. He has to repeat that every fortnight for a while. He was expecting to feel a bit nauseous and tired but he's feeling fine.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Scampi has been very calm lately (apart from when we see the nice lady in her wheelchair – he's fine with her if she's stood in her front garden but he hates those wheels with a passion, lol), I've left the back open door and he wanders in and out without any stress. Even just a few weeks ago, I had to go out with him to prevent the manic barking when neighbours do evil things, like open their bedroom windows or chat in their gardens. It's almost like having a normal dog :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Morning folks and thanks for the early start FBO. Enjoy your time with your family.

It feels very warm but no sun yet! I might try and get a bit of ironing done before the promised intense heat arrives. I try and keep on top of the ironing pile but the 2 washer loads dried yesterday has made it erupt like Vesuvius. It will be done in dribs and drabs over the w/e.

All is quiet here at the moment and I am enjoying a second coffee in peace. No DGD's here and Mr TA is still asleep.

I got a bit carried away yesterday and made a big pan of Red Pepper & Cream cheese soup (my favourite) and a big pan of Pea and Ham (Mr TA's favourite!) and froze in individual portions last night. The tubs are currently shoved here, there and everywhere in both freezers, wherever a small space, so I must organise them a bit better today.

Have a good day all, not much is planned here in this heat. Jobs can wait. (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad or worried who want them. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    TA Freezer re-arranging sounds like a good plan on a hot day :cool:, ironing however, does not :eek:

FBO i really hope you have a lovely weekend and can put your worries out of your mind for a few days. Have fun...I love London :)

Morning :wave:

Off to work for a few hours in a minute and no plans to do anything when I return. I really didn't want to get up this morning so will just chill this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great day and take care :A
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good Morning lovelies :wave:

FBO Have a lovely day in London you have chosen a good day weather wise :) Enjoy your family and a beautiful city

Tru Hope your dads treatment goes well. Scampi is far too well behaved now although it does make me smile that he doesn't like the wheelchair you must be really embarrassed when he starts lol

Looks like I have managed to sell the car but they wont be able to pick it up for 3 weeks due to a holiday. Not bothered as at least I know its sold but would love to have got rid. Battery will be completely flat by then but they have bought as told (they havent seen it yet but know me so bought on trust)

Going round today to pick up mail and take her out for food not really looking forward to it as she was in a very nippy mood yesterday telling me my fishcakes were awful :( I had some myself so I can vouch for the fact they weren't. She can be a harsh woman at times....she used to be be really snappy with Dad and it seems I have just filled his boots .....not for much longer though sympathy has its limits

Need to strip the Costco chicken today and think I will chuck it in a curry and then freeze a few portions. Had some of it last night with chips and peas and it was just gorgeous not sure why but their chickens taste so much better than Asdas

Asda arriving in an hour with my stocks for the week :rotfl: I know I could shop at Morrisons same time as mum but it would just be too stressful and would have to explain all that alcohol :o

Looks like its going to be a lovely day today so I need to get up there get lunched and get back as quick as possible then I can get in my garden with my book ...I can feel another few chapters of the book club coming on ...check me out :D

Have a lovely day whatever you are up to
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport