Child & Co Bankers ?

Comments

• Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2016 at 10:30AM
    jinkster wrote: »
    No, i'm not a black account holder.

Thanks, again I may be wrong here so it would be interesting to know if the reward Black does comes with a different debit card at NatWest like I was led to believe at RBS
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for checking, but still you have not confirmed if you do have a black account. The private debit card may have been discontinued as ideally all Private customers should have a black reward account with the branded debit card, however it is still possible to be a private client with a standard select account and get a personal banker and bespoke financial planning, which I guess it is not what they really want to support.

Why would you want bespoke financial planning from rbs?
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2016 at 11:35AM
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Why would you want bespoke financial planning from rbs?

As I said in a previous post, I would use a different bank, but the difference between a normal personal account and a private account at those high street banks should be that you get dedicated "private bankers" that work on how to best advise you on investing some of your disposable income or in the best case, manage your investment portfolio.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Gers wrote: »
    Agree -my previous debit card was used by me in March this year via Apple Pay. This has reminded me to delete it and install my new debit card.

I phoned the bank and now have a new contactless debit card for my Child & Co account - thanks for the heads up.

Now put it into Apple Pay too.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    As I said in a previous post, I would use a different bank, but the difference between a normal personal account and a private account at those high street banks should be that you get dedicated "private bankers" that work on how to best advise you on investing some of your disposable income or in the best case, manage your investment portfolio.

I wouldn't want any advice from a bank on investments, they incur high charges with poor returns.

Each to their own I suppose.
  • Unless you have bad credit history you will get a Child card.
  • 760Li wrote: »
    Recently applied for RBS Select, chose the Child (Fleet street) branch. Any idea which card I will get? Are they still doing Child branded cards, cheques, etc?

As per recents posts reported, both the card and Cheque book are still branded.
    Depending on internal credit score/customer history within the RBS group, some customers were initially issued with RBS standard materials.
  • Questions for Child & Co. customers: Is online banking done via the RBS site, and do you use the RBS iOS/Android app, or do Child's have their own branded versions?
  • jamie_02 wrote: »
    Questions for Child & Co. customers: Is online banking done via the RBS site, and do you use the RBS iOS/Android app, or do Child's have their own branded versions?

Just appears as an account under RBS Online Banking and Apps.
  • Just appears as an account under RBS Online Banking and Apps.
    Do you think this would be the same for NatWest online banking and the NatWest app?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure