Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good losses, p00hsticks, orlao, Msm and lightbulb.

Great [STRIKE]relief [/STRIKE]news, Sunshine!

Hello, Mofette. Lots of friendly people here.

And the Bairns won today woohoo!

Can anyone help me with syns for Tesco Chicken Casserole Kit? Thanks in advance. I got this in the whoopsie section for £1.50! I tossed it in the slow cooker so it would be ready when we came come from the match. It was very tasty so probably had evil syns. It serves 4, so I will freeze the rest for another time. Very economical!

Info from back of pack:
    One quarter of a pack contains
    Energy 167kcal
    Fat 4.1g
    Of which saturates 1.1g
    Carbohydrate 8.6g
    Of which sugars 5.3g
    Fibre 2.9g
    Protein 22.4g
    Salt 1.00g

Ingredients
    Chicken thigh 39%, carrot, parsnip, onion, leek, chicken gravy 7%, cornflour, rice flour, potato starch, sea salt, dried garlic, dried onion, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, rapeseed oil, white pepper, sunflower oil, black pepper

Chicken gravy contains
    Water, carrot, onion, leek, tomato paste, chicken extract, salt cornflour, sugar, sage, garlic puree rosemary, mushroom, chicken fat, black pepper, white pepper

Today’s Testers

Breakfast: hexb porridge made with salt and water, 40ml ss milk
    Lunch: hm Scotch broth made with stock cube, banana
    Snack: roll (6) and bacon
    Dinner: chicken casserole (? - see above) and potatoes, ML orange yogurt with chocolate sprinkles
    Snack: hexa cheese & apple
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Well done bubbs, Caterina (fabby for certificate too), Chrisv, Midge and BarleySugar. Orlao, Tte and moneysaverme (any anyone I've missed off along the way)

Whiplashy, that is absolutely fantastic

I don't seem to spend that much more, but buy things in rounds. So one weeks the big box of weetabix, another a load of chicken for the freezer, third minced beef and fourth always find something. I shop at lidl and often get their mini range like peppers which lasts a few meals. I 'give myself' £30 a week to spend and generally spend it, not always all. Depends what's in but I often get things like the £2 meat platter that does 2 meals with wraps and stuff. Plus get cheese from home bargains and stuff so keep costs down

I've had a mixed week, been like a roller coaster but will prob have put some on to be fair. Need to find my va va vroom as its got up and gone at the mo. Bought some 25p mini boxes of celebrations thinking they would last over the month, not even lasted the week - reminded myself why I don't have stuff in :/

Well done tho folks - keep going :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • I have a box where I am going to store my fat clothes. I have only been on a diet once before - went down to a size 12, took all my clothes to charity shop...... only to have to buy all new again. D

That’s why I think I’m subconsciously keeping them but .....the new clothes I’m buying are making me feel great (nice to think for once are the clothes I’m looking at age appropriate rather than size appropriate) plus (& I apologise for it being too much information) marital relations is much more fun.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    My Fat clothes have gone......................whoosh!!!
    Have you not lost then last few weeks?

Well done:T:T
    We are watching the voice:D

Not a dot. Stuck to plan, exercised....:(:(:(:(
    Well done bubbs, Caterina (fabby for certificate too), Chrisv, Midge and BarleySugar. Orlao, Tte and moneysaverme (any anyone I've missed off along the way)

Whiplashy, that is absolutely fantastic

I don't seem to spend that much more, but buy things in rounds. So one weeks the big box of weetabix, another a load of chicken for the freezer, third minced beef and fourth always find something. I shop at lidl and often get their mini range like peppers which lasts a few meals. I 'give myself' £30 a week to spend and generally spend it, not always all. Depends what's in but I often get things like the £2 meat platter that does 2 meals with wraps and stuff. Plus get cheese from home bargains and stuff so keep costs down

I've had a mixed week, been like a roller coaster but will prob have put some on to be fair. Need to find my va va vroom as its got up and gone at the mo. Bought some 25p mini boxes of celebrations thinking they would last over the month, not even lasted the week - reminded myself why I don't have stuff in :/

Well done tho folks - keep going :)

dawyld, you do need to read the Elite.

We stock up when on special offers.
  • Sunshinemummy
    That’s why I think I’m subconsciously keeping them but .....the new clothes I’m buying are making me feel great (nice to think for once are the clothes I’m looking at age appropriate rather than size appropriate) plus (& I apologise for it being too much information) marital relations is much more fun.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I know the feeling - the stomach does not get in the way! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm sure my hair copied the little purple people on the left when I thought I'd count up the syns from all the sweetener I've been using during the cold weather in numerous cuppas,plus a couple of tablespoons (!!!) with my plain yoghurt with berries at breakfast.Somewhere around 10 syns a day before eating anything else :shocked: Cutting my intake by half in each cuppa this week,having porridge instead of berries (1 tsp of sweetener compared with about 5 with the berries!)
    Also am cooking 2 roasties less,so I cant eat the leftovers of Mr Dusty!:rotfl:
    A bit more on plan this week after the depression of last week eased a little. I would like to say belated thanks for the kind comments and support of the group.Much appreciated:T:T:T:T
    Weigh in Tuesday,hoping for a good result to get me back on track!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Well, the tide has turned TGFT.

-1lb in one day......:j:j:j

I am hoping I have a good loss next week as I need to try to get in my skinny holiday clothes - and still about a stone off fitting in them!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on your loss ssm! What a difference a day makes.:)

I was wondering whether all this enforced exercise might have been part of the problem. I've often heard people who up the exercise saying they don't lose to begin with.

I think you're right to cut back a bit on the sweetener dusty but it's only full tablespoons that need to be synned (half a syn each). Even that's a fairly new thing for SW. The bag of mixed berries I bought from Aldi last week has some strawberries, raspberries and blackberries in it so doesn't seem to need so much sweetening.

Whenever possible, I use serving dishes instead of plating up our dinners. That way I keep all the leftovers. Leftover roast potatoes I either snack on or slice up and have with my lunch.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: Golden rice with stir fried veg
    D: roast beef, SW roasties, BNS, cauli, broccoli, cabbage, swede & carrot mash
    Syns: squirt of HP sauce 1, gravy 4? weekend wine:D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not a dot. Stuck to plan, exercised....:(:(:(:(

dawyld, you do need to read the Elite.

We stock up when on special offers.

I am sure it will all come off xx

Afternoon all:D
    I got told today i look nice and slim :T:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 January 2018 at 3:20PM
    Well, the tide has turned TGFT.

-1lb in one day......:j:j:j

I am hoping I have a good loss next week as I need to try to get in my skinny holiday clothes - and still about a stone off fitting in them!

Well done :D
    You are not away for a while though are you?
    Dusty glad you are feeling better xx, Why not try sweetners? i use them
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure