PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Singlies - We Do It Our Way!

Hi, Everyone

Here is the bright new shiny and hopeful OS Singlies thread :beer:.

EVERYONE, partnered or single is very welcome on this thread...let's face it, most of us have been single/partnered/single etc etc and we all have lots of good old OS experience to bring to the thread.

For those who don't know, this new thread was spawned from one I started in Dec 2013, which quickly progressed way beyond any expectations of mine - link to old thread is here as it contains so much fabulous and inspirational advice and support -

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4835961

This shiny hopeful new thread is aimed primarily at helping Singlies negotiate the rough waters of life, offering support and practical ideas and help. Singlies have particular issues (some would say peculiar issues :rotfl:), and it is hoped this thread will help address those.

But I stress again, that everyone is invited to join in :)

I hope this new thread is enjoyed, and is at least as inspirational and motivational as the last one proved to be, if not more so.

Over to you, Folks ....

LB xx

Comments

• I've just checked in and would like to stay for some time :j
    Thanks LB :T x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 June 2014 at 5:35AM
    Hi there I am a 'singlies' and have been for the past 10 years plus since losing my late OH ,but I keep quite cheerful and positive (if a bit cranky at times when I could really do with a hand to get the top off a jar :):):)).
    Nice to see a shiny new thread
    welcome to anyone else who follows :):)
    JackieO xxx
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh, congratulations singlies!

Glad you have the thread! Thanks for letting the rest of us pop in sometimes. :).
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'm here. :)
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi I've really enjoyed reading the xmas thread Lavender Bees and all......and will read this one now!
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Welcome Mummybobble. For an awful moment, I thought I would be chatting to myself...just like being at home, then :rotfl:

ETA - welcome the others, too! :j

Ok - this must be one of the hardest jobs that a singlie without family has to do...not meant to be morbid, but this year is the year I am going to sort out my paperwork, and by that I mean my will and my living will.

The problem I have is that I have no family at all that I want to leave my worldly goods to, in fact, unfortunately, I feel I need to make it water tight to stop toxic siblings getting anything. I spent a good part of this weekend, trying to think what I want to do, but it's incredibly hard.

Has anyone any experience of this? What sorts of things did you think about?

I will involve a solicitor at some point but clearly I need to put a great deal more thought into what I want my will to achieve, before I involve a professional.

hah!! How to start a new hopeful thread off, eh? Cheerful Charlie, that's me :rotfl:
  • "....and more, much more than this, I did it My Way" (shades of Frank Sinatra):whistle:

Hello again:wave:
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Hello.......

Just to say i'm in, nice to have somewhere for tips, ideas, a rant, support when the chips are down etc......and to also point out the good and positive sides too.....and no doubt some funny stories along the way.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • kacie
    kacie Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I'll be popping in and out, probably more after I'm back at work.
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    calicocat wrote: »
    Hello.......

Just to say i'm in, nice to have somewhere for tips, ideas, a rant, support when the chips are down etc......and to also point out the good and positive sides too.....and no doubt some funny stories along the way.

Gosh yes, but I'm starting with funerals and wills

:rotfl:

Sorry.....!!

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business