Currys PC World Price Match

Hello.

I bought a drone from Currys after using their own price match tool that I downloaded from Apple App Store. After their app gave me the matched price on screen (which I screen grabbed) I called the phone number it said to call and make the purchase.

I phoned Currys to make the purchase and asked if the free accessory (controller) advertised on the product page was being sent with the drone and the sales person said “yes” she added it to the order.

I made my payment with a combination of £225 Currys e-gift cards and £90 on MasterCard. I again asked the sales person if they definitely added the free controller “yes it has been added” she said.

The order was delivered a few days later and to my surprise there was no controller.

I phoned Currys once again and to my amazement I was told they wouldn’t be sending me a “free controller”. I thought that this couldn’t be correct because it is written clear as you like on the product description page that you receive a “free controller” when you purchase the drone. I phoned again but to no avail, I was told the same thing.

What should I do? What are my rights?

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What drone is it?
  • Madchester74
    Madchester74 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2018 at 10:51AM
    custardy wrote: »
    What drone is it?

DJI Spark Alpine White.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    DJI Spark Alpine White.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-toys-and-gadgets/drones/dji-spark-drone-alpine-white-10166162-pdt.html

So the seller you price matched with,do they include the controller?
  • So the seller you price matched with,do they include the controller?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure. Does it matter? I was told at the point of sale that the free controller was indeed included and had been added to the order. At the point my money was taken a sales contract was created. They record the calls so they have that information.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    So the seller you price matched with,do they include the controller?

I!!!8217;m not sure. Does it matter? I was told at the point of sale that the free controller was indeed included and had been added to the order. At the point my money was taken a sales contract was created. They record the calls so they have that information.

Yes it matters because the price match policy is for an identical product/bundle. Ive just done a search and none of the cheaper suppliers include the controller, they are all either not offering one at all or are selling separately for around £150.

Even with currys the drone itself doesn't come with a free controller, you have to add a bundle to your basket to get it not just the individual item that happens to have a free controller.

It would have been cheaper for you to just buy from them at full price but getting the bundle than using a price match for just the drone and now facing a higher cost to get the controller.
  • I got it sorted today. Thanks for the input anyway.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,470
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I got it sorted today. Thanks for the input anyway.

Thanks for the informative update. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport