New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• Were having a lazy weekend. We've got a busy social October in general so downtime is needed!!

I wasn't sure what to do with the money for nothing money, to be honest, but I think this is a reasonable move. Time will tell, but I really want it to build into a decent sized pot over the 5 years, without undue risk.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Premium bonds sound good to me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks beanie.

Another week starts and another week closer to being MF one way or another! Another £5 withdrawn from swagbucks today and £1.59 from qmee fell into PayPal too. I've got £11.10 on the way from ziffit which should arrive soon, so I'm doing ok!

A couple of other surveys done and a yummy corned beef hash with fried eggs for dinner. My only spends today we're for my bus fare home....I got a lift in this morning so that saving went into savings too. It all helps!

Tantalisingly close to my remortgage date.....gah!!!
  • beanielou
    Tea sounds lush.
    How many days now?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• 21.....I can almost touch it!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yay to countdowns :j 20 days now.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • So, a good day yesterday - I left my crutches at home and managed a day at work without them. Even went for a walk with DH after dinner last night (I held onto him for dear life at times, but that's allowed!). So very definitely steps in the right direction. Literally!

Today I am tired, though. Probably because I am not used to walking so much right now. Coffee will be the order of the day (although why that would be surprising, I don't know!).

Another £5 from swagbucks hit my account last night and another should be requested today. I love that site! Shameless plug for referrals now - if anyone wants to join up, feel free to use my referral:

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Betterthanever

and don't forget to pm me so I know who you are on there and can give you some ideas of how to increase your own points! I get my earnings paid directly to paypal each time they hit £5 but there are other ways that actually work out even better value if you like vouchers for Amazon or mastercard etc.

Whilst on the subject of referrals, thank you to everyone who used my shopmium referral code - I hope you are all getting some use out of the items available on there!

Right....back to that coffee. And some porridge before the phones start ringing. Happy humpday everyone!
  • So....a relatively productive lunchbreak - nipped to Tesco to get some cat food, got a couple of good till spits from there that, provided I actually remember to use them, are off things I do regularly buy. Receipts uploaded and a couple of surveys done while eating leftovers for lunch. Not big payers but all adds up in the longer term.

I am determined to get this 5 year plan off to a good start!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Congrats on your crutches free day - big achievement:j. You'll be running that next marathon before you know it! Xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • beanielou
    Yah to no crutches :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure