sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom

Comments

• sarahevie1 wrote: »
    Might even get my house into my name over half term as had an update from solicitors they have the title deed change forms back from exes solicitors so it is literally just a case of deciding on a date. Should be next week as its not like anyone is actually moving.

:T keep us posted, hope all goes well and quickly
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news for you :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • How exciting for the name change on the house!

and yay to half term..

not sure how much you want to spend, but have a look at playhouse beds, awesome beds and they do a triple? really good quality and just look a lot of fun.. wouldvencourage them to sleep in them instead of with you!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • My tax credits are finally (well as finally as you can ever be with these things) sorted :j:j

This is mammoth for me, as I have been investigated by concentrix since May. Not surprising really as last year I had 4 different childcare providers, which is what they reckon alerted my case.

Also my income kept changing, (well it didn't) but I started teaching in Sept 2014, so for (2013-2014) I earned less than from (April 2014-2015.) Add into the mix I pay some of my childcare half termly, and all my contracts are for term time only childcare - and I have a rental property and my supermarket job and it was a recipe for investigation.

Anyhow it was never really scary - as I was always able to provide the documents required. In the end I was asked for all my childcare invoices, bank statements as proof of payment. Payslips and P60s.

When I got home today I had my provisional award for this year and I'm entitled to £1053 every four weeks which is huge. (My childcare averaged over 12 months is £894 a month so essentially I'm getting it all paid with a bit to spare.)

Now this is sorted, I'm considering getting shot of the second job and lodger opinions please?
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • I would if you can afford it - quality of life, a proper break for you at weekend and your house to yourself!

Great news on the TC's - that's a massive amount!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • I would if you can afford it - quality of life, a proper break for you at weekend and your house to yourself!

Great news on the TC's - that's a massive amount!

I know it's massive, but my income is still pretty low. £1580 a month over both jobs. £1380 teaching £200 supermarket. With the added Tcs after childcare paid I'll still only earn £1733 which is certainly livable but there's not a lot spare.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    How many hours do you do at supermarket? Can you reduce?
    How much will your tax credits reduce if these changes come in?
    How much do you love/hate having lodgers?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I've reduced my hours in the supermarket, after half term I will be only working 3 hours a week. Enough to keep my employee benefits, discount card, option to pick up overtime as and when required.

I've spoken to lodger and they have agreed to move out in Jan.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Great news your childcare costs are being met. They really are a huge stressful commitment. Sounds like you are starting to balance everything.

Enjoy half term!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Had a really MSE day today used vouchers for £14 each for Lightwater Valley. Had a brilliant day, there was lots of additional attractions on with it being Frightwater Valley season.

We enjoyed a UV puppet show, falconry display and the day ended with 30 minutes of amazing fireworks over the lake. I've never had so many turns on the rides ever. By four oclock I'd been on 20 rides, there were hardly any queues it was brilliant.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing