Cheap gyms deals discussion

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 10 January 2012 at 11:07PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, we've written a Cheap Gyms guide to help slim down health club costs.

If you've tried the techniques mentioned in the guide, were you successful? Do you have any feedback on no frills gyms? Is there anything you'd add, or if you work for a gym, have you any insider tips?

Thanks
for your help!

MSE Jenny

Comments

• my gym has a free 3 day pass

http://www.carrefour.uk.com/join.php

they are in norwich birmingham preston bristol & douglas

its £34 a month per person with a 3 month contract
    worth it for us as its quieter than the council one and they do not allow children in :D
    "what lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Personally I use BMF (Brit Mil Fit) which is awesome and a great tonic of fun and exercise! :j Bring on the burpees!
    However, in this cold weather a friend of mine has just joined 'The Gym' who have gyms in Guildford, Hounslow, Liverpool, Manchester and Vauxhall. There is apparently no contract and it's only £14.99 a month online for a no frills gym (no sauna, steam room etc). You would need to check the website for full details and locations as it might not suit everyone.
    Cheers!
  • Hi

Spirit Health Clubs have a great offer giving all enquiries a free 1 day trial at their clubs and offering all new members in January & February 2010 the chance to receive 5 fantastic rewards.

For more details check out their website. Enter Spirit Health Clubs into your web browser.

With 39 clubs located throughout the UK, there will hopefully be one near you.

Enjoy:j
  • Hi,
    I'd suggest you try your local college/university. My local uni charges a £10 registration fee then you can either pay as you go (you have to buy min of ten sessions which costs £21) or its £48 per academic term for as many sessions as you like, they also put on additional classes such as yoga, curcuit training etc.
    However i would advise you ask to look around and see what equipment they have first and make sure its suitable for your needs which most will be happy to let you do.

Hope this helps.
  • I've just (as of 10 days ago) became a member of a gym called www. nuyuu . com
    I haven't had a gym membership before so was a little nervous, but they have been really helpful and encouraging.
    Apparently the gym is funded by James Cann (From Dragons Den) so as you'd expect its pretty smart- but really cheap. ( I pay £20 per month).

I also used a code where I didn't have to pay any admin fees- If interested, use the code NAFNY when signing up.

Good luck to fellow keep fitters!

Cath
    x
  • Pete*G_4
    Pete*G_4 Posts: 552 Forumite
    I can get half price membership for anyone who's interested at Greens, or DeVere Hotel & Resort Leisure Clubs.
    GREENS M'SHIP OFFER NOW CLOSED SO PLEASE DON'T ASK ME!
    Olympic Debt-free Challenge £2150/£11900 = 18.0%
    NOW INVESTIGATING AN ALTERNATIVE TO MY IVA - I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ONE ANY MORE!
  • dave54644
    dave54644 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2010 at 5:18PM
    Total fitness have a discount code SAVE MORE which gives membership until 31/10/10 for £295.00 with no joining fee and no automatic renewal
  • Pete*G wrote: »
    I can get half price membership for anyone who's interested at Greens, or DeVere Hotel & Resort Leisure Clubs.
    Hi Pete,

I would like to join Greens this year - what's the deal mate?

N
  • Hi Pete

I'd also like to know more about the Greens half price offer.

J
  • Has anyone been successful in haggling down a gym membership?

Im going to join a gym where u pay monthly but arent tied into a long term contract so I dunno if its worth trying to haggle?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure