PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Whats Your Property Worth?.?.?.?.?.

Want to know how much your propertys worth..?.......try this..

https://www.houseprices.co.uk/

Will show all sales in your area...Just enter your postcode

Comments

• Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Its not always up to date though, in fact of a street of 80 houses wheer I live, the last one was sold on 06/12/2004 which I no isnt right because I seen two just been sold 3 weeks or so ago.

The houses are all terraced yet it has one down as semi 2 doors away from me, last time I looked there were all terraced.
  • you are right the info on there is a bit shakey to say the least
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,718
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    £182,000 :D
    Shame it's just where I live, not what I own :(
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • Destiny33
    Destiny33 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Just for england and wales though :P

For all of the uk https://www.nethouseprices.com or https://www.ourproperty.co.uk

Sadly though it does take a few weeks to get info on house prices. i've been looking for weeks to see one that sold before xmas
  • claz
    claz Posts: 179 Forumite
    used a similar link before when buying a house, the vendor wouldn't budge on the asking price because the one next door had sold for the same and hers was bigger

when we looked it up we found she was lying took the print out into the estate agents and offered her the same as what they had got as we said that next door (which we had viewed) was in a lot better condition than hers, needless to say our offer was accepted

so it does work sometimes, if you wanna buy somewhere and need a bargining tool
    Well we finally did it got a house not on a main road, next a railway line or any other werid and wonderful things that get on my nerves!!!

:beer:
    :dance:
  • micheleen
    micheleen Posts: 1,635
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    A property is worth whatever somebody's prepared to pay for it, no more no less ;)
    :j The £2 CSC = £48 in carton
    £100 banked Mar 06
    V-Free : 4 weeks :)
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Our house is showing on it!! The house we bought a couple of years ago!!

However the house we sold is showing as a terraced when it was actually a semi.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport