MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Hi Laura! Glad you're ok, shame about the midwives not getting their ar*es into gear though, fingers crossed you got it sorted yesterday.

I'm 33+2 today and have my baby shower this afternoon. All I know is the date and what time to be ready - everything has been organised by my sister and mom so I'm not sure what to expect really!

Our nursery is now done and furniture built, pram is now ready and waiting for baby and we will practice with the car seat/ISOfix next weekend so we are as ready as we can be. I've got a growth scan on 27th which should be when they decide when to induce me :eek: scary times :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Oh wow lauradora hope you manage to get your maternity sorted out!! Glad it was just braxton hicks! Baby is getting prepared.

Hope your baby shower went well kirstypoos. You sound very organised!

We've started birthing classes again, 1 out of 4 done. I've got 12 days of work to go! My consultant appointmentis 22nd so hopefully I'll get a date then. Going to start getting stuff for my hospital bag soon.
  • NBDS
    NBDS Posts: 26 Forumite
    Hi everyone, glad you all sound like you!!!8217;re doing ok, Kirsty how was your baby shower?

I think I have most things for my bag now, just need to get around packing it. I ended up in hospital with a sickness bug for 3 days last week and so that!!!8217;s given me a bit of a kick up the bum about it!

31 + 3 today. Built our crib yesterday, really pleased with it! I!!!8217;m a little jealous of you that are finishing work soon, I still have 7 weeks to go, though I don!!!8217;t mind work at all, just the commute some days feels tough.

What classes are you doing Sweet?
  • kirtsypoos
    It was lovely thanks! They'd hired a little cafe which used to be a train station and decorated it with baby boy balloons and had a beautiful Noahs Ark cake made which was lovely - I could only have a bite because of the diabetes but it was lovely for everyone else too!

Hope you're feeling better after your sickness bug NBDS? I'm finishing work in 2 weeks and I honestly can't wait, I'm really starting to struggle now! I don't envy you NBDS, you're a saint for going 7 more weeks!

We've started hypnobirthing classes, only done 1 so far but I really liked it so I'm hoping that will come in handy for early labour. I'm totally open minded about pain relief though, I'll take whatever I need!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Sounds lovely kirstypoos. Hypnobirthing is meant to be really good. I'm just doing the NHS classes. Looking forward to getting my baby box soon. I've bought a few bits for my hospital bag. Going to start washing stuff in maternity at 36weeks. Hope you are feeling better NBDS. I'm 33weeks today.
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I am well Jealous of the hypno classes. Me and OH went to see about them the other day...were really interested but the cost was £220. Not actually that much when you consider there was about 20 hours worth of the actual classes for two of you and course materials were thrown in. The thing that threw it for me was that the classes were 7.30 until 10pm! :eek:
    No chance of me staying awake through those i'm afraid...im lucky to make it through Emmerdale with my eyes open:o

32 weeks + 3 today

I have finally put my notice in at work so am finishing on 2nd March, I was really reluctant to commit myself at first but now i've done it I feel miles better and cant wait to leave!!

Also well jealous of your baby shower Kirsty:heart2:

Bags are packed for hospital and nursery is nearly ready just need a cot to go in there which is bought just not here yet

We finished the 'Solihull approach' antenatal classes last week, don't know if anyone else has done them but we found them quite interesting and it was the first kind of thing where we got together with other pregnant couples.

So now I just have to finish work the sit and wait.......
    On a mission
  • kirtsypoos
    Luckily my local NHS Trust offers Wise Hippo hypnobirthing, and you just pay £50 towards it so it wasn't too much of a decision to make - I originally looked at one that was £300 and just thought no flippin' way!

I'm 34 weeks today and still haven't packed my bag - I think it's scaring me that it will be a bit real once I do it. Donuts bag has been packed for a few weeks so I really need to pull my finger out...

Glad you've sorted your mat leave too, I think it helps just to have a date to look towards!
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    Luckily my local NHS Trust offers Wise Hippo hypnobirthing, and you just pay £50 towards it so it wasn't too much of a decision to make -

Wow!! That's ace. How often are the classes?

I have bought the Mongan Method book but have yet to have both the time and energy to read it:D
    On a mission
  • Wow that's amazing kirstypoos!! Quite jealous lol. Lauradora you finish the same date as me! Can't wait. So ready. I've not got my hospital bag packed but it's work in progress.
  • kirtsypoos
    I was really impressed! They run one lot of sessions a month and it's 4 sessions of 2 hours each, which is good as to be honest I'm flagging by the end of the 2nd hour!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport