PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 9th February 2018

Comments

• tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Muscle Food Recall Meat Following Inspection I know some of you use this company x
    Thursday, 08 February 2018 19 19:20 Written by Editor
    Food News | Muscle Food Recall Meat Following Inspection | Andover & VillagesThe decision to recall was taken by Muscle Food, following an unannounced inspection by the FSA of their supplier, DB Foods.

The Food Standards Agency had concerns about procedures at DB Foods for use-by dates on some products that were not compliant with legal requirements.

Muscle Food supplies meat products via its website directly to the public and the business is contacting all of its affected customers to make them aware of the recall.

People who have bought these products are advised not to eat them.

Muscle Food will arrange a courier to pick the products up, and provide a full refund for the items.

There is no indication that people have become ill from eating meat supplied by DB Foods. The FSA are continuing to investigate their procedures along with local authorities and further action will be taken if necessary.

The recall of the affected products is a proportionate response to the issues found. There is no evidence of wider problems across DB Foods sites and no further action that would affect the business has been necessary. Distribution from their sites is continuing and is being overseen by FSA staff.
    The FSA and FSS have already announced a review of cutting plants and cold stores following separate investigations into the meat sector. Further details of the review will be published later this month and the results will be fully available to the public.

The FSA continue to engage regularly with industry associations and to make clear the responsibility their members have to produce meat according to the regulations.

fShare
  • Morning everyone,

I returned last night from London and was home for around 8ish. Although a business trip, it was an enjoyable one. I do love that city. We got the train back to the hotel one night, and the Canary Wharf sky-scrappers were all lit up, even at 10pm. I love that sight. It feels business-y. It feel as though people are being productive. I find it quite inspirational.

Anyway. Back to miserable, cold and grey Glasgow. I've my telephone interview at 1pm, so I'll need to nip out of the office discretely. I've been told it'll only last 15 minutes, so it should be more of a get to know each other, type of thing.

Absolutely zero plans this weekend which is just dandy!

HH - That's amazing!! How big is your freezer!?!?!?
    Judi - Am i missing something? A bar of soap? In bed? To cure restlessness?
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning, rain on the windows, but not looked at the forecast yet.

Had a lovely time at the birthday lunch yesterday, then managed a walk with the dog before the rain came, woke me up a little after being indoors sat being idle. Market visit to be made as usual on Fridays, have quite a long list to do, then need to start on the chores which have been building up again, it seems to be one step forward and two back all the time.

Hugs and spoons, have a good day all.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Wet and mild here, hoping that the freezing weather is gone.

This morning I’m doing some little jobs for DM, think she got the hint last night that I’m tiring and can’t keep on doing things one after the other from the moment I walk through the door. She’s also stopped coming into ‘my bedroom’ every five minutes.

Judi - on the continental mainland its usual for each person to have their own duvet on a shared bed. That helps stop the problem of over-heating / being cold and duvet hogging. It’s always puzzled me why folk here are wedded to one duvet for a couple. It’s almost as if individual duvets become symbols of a relationship in trouble. Seems to me that trouble starts with duvet problems.

Right, I must awa’ and tear myself from listening to will.i.am on the radio.

Happy Friday to everyone.
  • Good morning chums, and a very wet Kent this morning, with even more due later I believe.

Still its Friday, so a tidy is on the agenda for me this morning, and after lunch I will be off to History Club which is always a lovely end to the week as we all have so much fun there with lots of cake ,coffee and laughter plus a good amount of knowledge.

I too am eating my way through the freezer, and it really is amazing how much stuff is in there that has been forgotten, I had a delicious HM shepards pie last night for dinner, which I had mashed the spuds with parmesan cheese before Christmas, and it was very moreish:). I shall do that recipe again methinks :) Its like mining for gold in my freezer :)

Tonight though I shall be using one of my pub chain birthday vouchers on the way home for my freebie dinner :) saves me cooking, and it will be nice to sit down and be served dinner and no washing up to do afterwards.I have two of them to use up before the 15th February so the second one I will use probably one night next week.

My eldest DD and her OH are flying out to NYC this afternoon to see my DGS Danny and his wife for a week so I hope the weather isn't too cold for them.

On Sunday my youngest and I are going to my DGD's Katie's baby shower that her friend has organised in a local hotel.
    I think we get tea and nibbles as well there. I have bought her a few things from her baby list so hopefully she will be pleased with them.

Last night my youngest DGD Holly and her b/f arrived with a couple of late birthday presents, a gorgeous blue orchid in a very nice pot, and a 1000 piece jigsaw of NYC to keep me happy and busy :)
    She knows I have a passion for jigsaws :)

Nice chat with her and she also brought me a really nice large poster that the children in her year two class had made, covered with notes and hand drawn pictures saying 'Thank You'.
    I had donated all my crafting stuff when I had a clear out to DGD's class at her primary school, and the children were all really pleased with everything.
    Apparently on Friday afternoons 'Miss' gets all of her Grannies crafting stuff out of the cupboard, and the children all have a great time making things.

I am so pleased that its gone to a good home rather than being just tipped There were two huge Bags for Life full of stuff I had collected over a couple of years back when I did crafting , but now just didn't use much at all (no time :)) Holly said the children love all of the stamps and glittery things and glueing etc.She is going to get them to make Mother's Day cards next month as well.

Right, time is getting on and so must I.

Hope you all have a good Friday and keep warm and dry if you can

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2018 at 11:57AM
    Judi - Am i missing something? A bar of soap? In bed? To cure restlessness?
    Old wives tale but it works for Grump. It supposedly works for cramps or restless leg syndrome. Ive even popped some under his pillow when he's pulled a muscle in his shoulder.
    Judi - on the continental mainland its usual for each person to have their own duvet on a shared bed. That helps stop the problem of over-heating / being cold and duvet hogging. It!!!8217;s always puzzled me why folk here are wedded to one duvet for a couple. It!!!8217;s almost as if individual duvets become symbols of a relationship in trouble. Seems to me that trouble starts with duvet problems.
    Wish i'd thought of it before we bought the duvet cover. Wouldnt have an issue replacing the duvet at it wasnt too expensive but the duvet cover made up for it.:o
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 9 February 2018 at 1:14PM
    Hi all :wave:

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today ...thick head and a bit nauseous :( entirely self inflicted of course not sure how i thought 3 glasses of wine (large) made sense after nearly 2 months off drinking. Anyway had a lovely meal with 2 of my friends ...sea bass and a lobster and prosecco sauce ...so tasty :) we were there most of the afternoon and properly sorted all the worlds problems out :D

The hip education session was a bit of a waste of time nothing different from my last one just hope it happens soon now getting so sick of this lack of mobility.

Need to nip and get some pittas and a bit of salady stuff. no wine for me though need to recoup with lots of tea and cordial :D
    For dinner Im having HM doner kebabs with all the trimmings ..seems appropriate after my wine fest :o cooking it in the slow cooker today for a change not totally convinced at the moment but hoping it comes out OK

Been enjoying the winter olympic opening ceremony in the background today looking forward to watching the events what a beautiful venue.

Holly I dread to think how long I could live out of my freezer but I suspect it would be a lot of months ...I have been stocking up ready for when i have my op but thinking about it there was no real need as I could have daily online shopping deliveries if I wanted to and a hotline to dominoes of course, so its just an excuse to do more of my favourite activity...cooking. Do need to give my head a wobble though as both freezers are now stacko :o
    nanny hope you are feeling better lovely ...cant have you missing sunday lunch with Dad that would not please him :)

oh yes meant to ask why do some people offer hugs and spoons ? I get hugs but not spoons.....why would I want more sppons? I have loads if you count teaspoons and dessert spoons oh and wooden spoons I have a few of too. I did google but could only find links to cutlery sets from amazon ans a list of all the nearest wetherspoons :rotfl:

Off to nurse my head then hit Asda.Have a great day all and teaspoons all round :D xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Judi wrote: »
    Yes. Copied from Google...

Put a bar of soap under your sheet! ... Doctors are not sure, but some believe that the magnesium in the soap stops the problem. That is because magnesium deficiency is a leading cause of both restless leg syndrome and leg cramps. Dr. Oz suggests lavender soap because it helps to relax the muscles with its natural scent.

Certainly works for Grump.
    I just read this out to Mr LW, and he's agreed to give it a go. :T
    Watch this space..... :D
    Nelski wrote: »
    oh yes meant to ask why do some people offer hugs and spoons ? I get hugs but not spoons.....why would I want more sppons? I have loads if you count teaspoons and dessert spoons oh and wooden spoons I have a few of too. I did google but could only find links to cutlery sets from amazon ans a list of all the nearest wetherspoons :rotfl:
    Nelski 'twas I who first brought Spoons to MSE - have a read of this, written by a fellow Lupie; it will explain all. ;)
    https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    LameWolf - It probably was your doing that I first read of the spoons theory, but not sure. It made so much sense to a way of life that I was struggling to understand and certainly not ready to accept at that time.

Now I will stand up and state that my problems are nowhere near as severe as yours and others, but I now seem to have acquired 4 chronic and often painful and debilitating conditions and that for most of the time the worst thing for me is the utter fatigue and the inability to pace myself or make plans.

So Nelski, you will often find me offering spoons and if I could send some your way and help with the pain I would willingly do so, (not sure if you dear ladies need a particular type of spoon for dealing with awkward oldies though:rotfl:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all
    Just a quick pop in as I'm coughing so much I'm not able to sleep. Had about 1hr last night so hanging today. Spoke to DD last night and put off DGD sleepover, plus I don't want her to catch this.
    TA how did you cope with this for 8 weeks ? You must be made of strong stuff :D
    Nelski Mr Fix It's cold has already gone so he can cook on Sunday if necessary. However I don't want Dad to catch this either because of his asthma, so we'll see how I am tomorrow evening and go from there. Hope your head feels better too !
    Thanks to all for the good wishes :A. Take care and hugs from a distance !
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure