Ebico energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 August 2017 at 9:40AM
    EachPenny wrote: »

You seem to be happy with SSE's customer service... so I would guess the choice of new suppier would be obvious if you do decide to switch.

SSE are no good for low users.

In fact, like all big suppliers, they aren't very good for most users, not according to the comparison sites I use.

In fact the resaon I had to call SSE today was to get them to pay the money they owed me on a final bill.- they were going to keep it otherwise ;)
    They still expect me to wait up to 3 weeks to receive it...a shame they don't allow this long for customers to pay the bills in the first instance.
  • Send the payment by cheque to the address on the bill. Even though they don't mention cheques on literature they will accept them.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Send the payment by cheque to the address on the bill. Even though they don't mention cheques on literature they will accept them.

Which address is that?

The Bill has 3 different addresses; 2 in Nottinghamshire and 1 in Oxfordshire.
  • The PO Box in Nottingham on the Ebico website.

Ebico Ltd
    PO Box 10461
    Nottingham
    NG1 9JS
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The PO Box in Nottingham on the Ebico website.

Ebico Ltd
    PO Box 10461
    Nottingham
    NG1 9JS

Thanks

One last question, who do I make the cheque payable to?

Ebico Ltd
    Ebico Trading Limited
    Robin Hood Energy Limited
    Someone else?
  • wavelets wrote: »
    Thanks

One last question, who do I make the cheque payable to?

Ebico Ltd
    Ebico Trading Limited
    Someone else?
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

Thanks.

Cheque's in the post :)
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    I have just paid my first quarterly Ebico/RHE bill into the Post office. They scan the bar code, I hand them cash, easy, no charges. I used to pay it into the bank with a cheque, now I need to make sure I have enough cash when I know the bill is due. Simple.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • hehoho
    hehoho Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2017 at 12:46PM
    In April 2017 I switched to Ebico Zero (supplier Robin Hood Energy). Their admin and customer support is not a patch on SSE, ime, and RHE appear to be understaffed and/or overwhelmed.

Although the transfer went relatively smoothly, I have run into difficulties trying to obtain my first bill. On 29 July I received a letter asking for my meter readings. This letter had been prepared on 11 July but not posted until 25th, meaning that I was unable to submit my readings within the mandatory 7 day window.

The estimated bill is totally inaccurate.

Today when I rang up to enquire where my updated bill was, I was told by the customer support operator that they do not send corrected bills and that I should pay the incorrect estimate and make a note to be sure to send my readings during the first week of October.

The customer support operator was surly and not at all apologetic. When I said that so far my rating of the company's support was 4 out of 10, he reiterated that it's my responsibility to give them readings.

I don't want to have to run my life around my energy bills! I am the customer, and a new one at that, so I am about to switch to a supplier which sends a meter reader and does not leave its letters to customers lingering in its office for 2 weeks.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hehoho wrote: »
    In April 2017 I switched to Ebico Zero (supplier Robin Hood Energy). Their admin and customer support is not a patch on SSE, ime, and RHE appear to be understaffed and/or overwhelmed.
    I don't want to have to run my life around my energy bills! I am the customer, and a new one at that, so I am about to switch to a supplier which sends a meter reader and does not leave its letters to customers lingering in its office for 2 weeks.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first post :)

Could I ask why you switched to Ebico/RHE in the first place? They are a bit of a 'niche' supplier, cheap if you are a very low user, but not so good if you have an 'average' level of consumption. If you are switching away from them because of one bad customer service experience then presumably the new supplier offers a deal which is very close in price terms?

It would also be interesting to know which supplier can more or less promise to send meter readers round - I thought pretty much all of them now read meters once a year if you were lucky (and don't have a 'smart' meter).

I could tell you about my recent 'customer (dis)service' with SSE... but to do so might identify me, so I'll just say that their customer service agents appear unaware that there is a statutory requirement for them to pay customers compensation if they fail to meet certain performance guarantees... they also have a very vague understanding of the data protection act :embarasse And they are a big supplier who ought to know the rules... and have the resources not to find themselves failing to comply with statutory requirements. :naughty: Maybe I should be posting that on the SSE thread though.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport