Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    Black LK Bennett Dress - £5.00 - it's one of those really easy to wear items that you can dress up or dress down - I'm expecting to get a lot of wear out of it.

I'm now a few pounds over budget for the year. I'm surprised it's lasted this long the rate I was spending earlier in the year. I've definitely slowed down over recent months. I will need to buy a couple of cardigans to replace the ones that have been eaten by moths...

May be joining the exceeding budget group. I've ordered a coat and will be over budget if I keep it.

I started well and it went downhill from there. After this I really don't need anything so next year's budget will be lower.
  • somerandom
    Options
    £24.99 for a Kew cardigan from TK Maxx. I bought it a week or so ago and was planning to return it but following the demise of a second cashmere cardigan - I have decided to keep it.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nothing spent since the 25/9/16.
    Aiming for no more clothes spends till the end of the year.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Keeping the coat, it's so comfortable.

Seen a jacket or two I like, but am not buying at the current prices (£25 and £22.) Will try and get hold of them in the sale even though I'm already over budget.
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Underwear for DH £9.00, because of his health and not able to work at present, his clothing spend comes out of my budget. I am happy with that, we both, now, don't spend much on clothes, as we KM'd our underwear drawers and can actually see what we have...

It does make a difference.

Hope all are ok and well.

SIL
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have ordered 5 jumpers, all same style in different colours, total £45 but won't add them just yet in case I have to send them back. Delivery 3-5 days.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Rowan_moon
    Options
    Just doing a quick catch up on all your posts.

I've had a bit of a spend yesterday - a lands end wool throw, really nice quality from the cs for £7 and a purple phase eight top for £5. Also treated myself to a small Radley shoulder bag off Ebay. It's a lovely rich purple colour, only used once and it cost £20 including postage.

My job situation is still a bit pants. It's my last week at work then a week off before starting new job. I've done a couple of sessions already at new job just to do handover. The people are nice but the job seems a bit boring. Also I am working in an office on my own rather than the main office which is not what I expected. I will give it a chance though.

I almost went to town shopping today to cheer myself up but did some gardening instead,. :T
    Crazy clothes challenge 2017 - 30/300
  • Jazee
    Options
    Popping in to update that I'm keeping four of the five jumpers and also bought a pair of skinny jeans in a size 12 today - go me! So in total £61 to add to siggy.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    Popping in to update that I'm keeping four of the five jumpers and also bought a pair of skinny jeans in a size 12 today - go me! So in total £61 to add to siggy.

I see a debt free congratulations is in order too :beer::j:j:beer:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Jazee
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I see a debt free congratulations is in order too :beer::j:j:beer:

Yes, thankyou KerriG. The problem is that yesterday I didn't feel the need any longer to stick rigidly to my budgets and went £20 over so I need to keep that in check.

Am only going to buy one new item at a time now, as I still have more weight to lose so am hoping to need even smaller sizes.

I think in the past I didn't get on with skinny jeans/leggings because I was just too big but feel happier about it now.
    Save
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family