UPDATED: Air Source Heat Pumps/Air Con - Full Info & Guide, is it cheaper to run than mains gas?

Comments

• bushyh
    bushyh Posts: 53 Forumite
    In the hall (no thermostat on that radiator) at the moment 22, clicks at about 13
  • rhubarbe
    rhubarbe Posts: 95 Forumite
    What's the actual temperature in the hall right now?
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    bushyh wrote: »
    In the hall (no thermostat on that radiator) at the moment 22, clicks at about 13

So its set to 22C but it clicks off at 13C? SOunds like thermostat is faulty or picking up heat from your radiator in the hallway.

DO any of your neighbours have the same system could you check to see if theres is working ok?
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • bushyh
    14.8 (4 digits too short for a reply!)
  • bushyh
    sorry should also have said none of the neighbours have this system, 5 houses with gas one with pump (me!) - planning regulations .
  • rhubarbe
    Set it at 30°C, turn off the hall radiator and see what happens in the rest of the house. I agree faulty stat or picking up heat from elsewhere. If this is a brand new house you should be able to live without the hall rad on - for the time being until we solve this..
  • bushyh
    ok will report back later would also say that there is virtually no heat coming through the hall (or any of the radiators) for that matter but there has been when it has been milder albeit still quite slow to heat up (I feel).
  • richardc1983
    Agree, set the hallway to 30C, turn off the hallway radiator and make sure all your other rads are turned on.

It could also be an issue that the system hasnt been balanced properly.

Do the pipes from the heatpump feel hot?
  • rhubarbe
    They are much slower to heat up than a gas fired system but since ours is working fine even in this weather and yours isn't there must be something wrong with yours... Let us know if it gets any warmer later on today (or as soon as it does, if it does) ..
  • richardc1983
    rhubarbe wrote: »
    They are much slower to heat up than a gas fired system but since ours is working fine even in this weather and yours isn't there must be something wrong with yours... Let us know if it gets any warmer later on today (or as soon as it does, if it does) ..

What temps your house at?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback