PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Wednesday 5th December 2012

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Those of you who have offered your Twitter id's or offered it in PM i thank you. I'll add you, when ive decided or not whether i'm staying.

I still say i'm not interesting enough to be followed though.:o
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    JackieO wrote: »
    Its snowing here in Kent and laying slightly but not too bad,

You are in the same corner of the world as me. It was a suprise this morning to pull back the curtains and see the white stuff !

It's all more or less gone now, which is good as I'm at work tomorrow and Friday.

Have made a small start on the Christmas cards. I've realised why I'm not really in the mood to do them - it involves writing, and I always type things these days, I hardly ever write !
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Happy Birthday Mr LW

Topsy - Brilliant news re the job! Well done.

JackieO - glad you enjoyed Davy's visit, bet you're looking forward to him coming back. good to hear Shelley is making a good recovery.

Can't stop, concert to go to when we have had tea! Take care. XX
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 5 December 2012 at 5:54PM
    Hi everyone, I'm glad to read some good news updates from people.
    As for me, we'll, mr Arty said something on his way out to work about the electricity bill being ridiculous. I think he said two hundred and something for the quarter. I was a bit sleepy so just grunted "oh how awful noises) but now it's bugging me. I know I'm here all day and the kitchen ash lots of lights but the rest of the house are nearly all the mse type and I don't go around with them all on. I'm wondering if the fairly elderly freezer may be to blame. Thoughts on that anyone?
    Off out later to my local art club where a friend will be giving a brilliant watercolour demo. Can't wait but need to watch out for black ice on the roads tonight!
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    gutted that there is no snow for me. were in the fens and hardly ever get snow.
    busy day at work today. all the prep done for tomorrows xmas lunch. have got some help tomorrow so it should be ok. hopefully thats the hard bit done.
    was in the middle of making 150 biscuits yesterday when the environmental health officer appeared to do an annual check. great timing. my work kitchen is a little small to say the least. never mind. thats all out of the way for another year.
    all i can say is roll on friday. xmas lunch will be over and i wont need to think about how many sausages i have!!
    tea for me tonight is sausage and mash as its easy. tomorrow i will be putting beef and ale casserole in the slow cooker before i go to work as the last thing i will want to do tomorrow after 200 meals is cook my own lol
  • Evening all

((((hugs)))) to all the poorlies
    Molly - nail varnish, mini toilettries, fluffy socks, mini bottle of Baileys or similar (for the 18+'s)??
    Camelot - oooh enjoy M&Sons!!

Freezing here, but no snow.

Well looks like my little chat with work kids worked yday. They were much better today! :) First off we went to a special needs school, and the children loved seeing them all! So lovely. Then to an infant school this afternoon. Glad they improved as due to my colleagues clerical error, we are double booked for tomorrow pm so have to split them in to two groups!

I'm off out tonight for a catch up meal with the uni girls, only 6 of us are going but should be nice.

OS wise - packed lunch made.......

Have a good evening all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Molly41 wrote: »

Also need to ask for opinions re funding for my operation? I have been turned down twice by the PCT for a neuro - transmitter to control my symptoms. Im not exceptional enough:( So instead I have decided to fund raise but have not a clue where to start?? Any ideas or pointers would be so appreciated from my OS friends xx

Molly, how much do you need to raise ? also have you worked in any kind of industry ? sometimes companies would help ex employees out, I believe Laura Ashley and boots both do. Otherwise you could try writting to large companies, a lot of them wont fund individuals but its worth a go.

Also raffles, jumble sales, sponsered anything, bake sales, etc, it will probably be a long slog, but so worth it for you xx
  • Evening all
    TOPSY Well done on getting the job.
    POOKY Hope DH will soon be on the mend.
    DONNYG Have a safe trip home.
    MOLLY Hugs, I can always donate a raffle prize
    CAMELOT Enjoy your evening.
    MIFFY Hugs
    NLJ Hugs
    JACKIO Glad your DB is ok.
    Tru Thank you for the song
    BB I agree with you on that.
    LW Hope you didn't break the furniture.

Hugs to those I've missed, I'm a bit scatty as I'm deeply joyful today for 2 reasons, 1) We officially have 3 more DGC's they are now ours 'til they are 18 & beyond, 2) the Ex has finally been stopped from fraudulently claiming benefit, I tried to stop him by reporting him to no avail & I'm not saying how or who, but he's been stopped!!!
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    redruby wrote: »
    Molly, how much do you need to raise ? also have you worked in any kind of industry ? sometimes companies would help ex employees out, I believe Laura Ashley and boots both do. Otherwise you could try writting to large companies, a lot of them wont fund individuals but its worth a go.

Also raffles, jumble sales, sponsered anything, bake sales, etc, it will probably be a long slog, but so worth it for you xx

Thanks for all your thoughts. It is a huge amount - approximately £18,000 privately and that was over a year ago :eek::eek::eek:

We could put it on our mortgage but Kid's Dad is not so keen. Dont get me wrong he would go to the ends of the earth for me but we can not jeopardise the roof over the kid's head :(

I was talking to the lady who does my nails and her husband is a banker. He has a watch on his christmas list that costs 19 grand. How the other half live x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Hugs to those I've missed, I'm a bit scatty as I'm deeply joyful today for 2 reasons, 1) We officially have 3 more DGC's they are now ours 'til they are 18 & beyond, 2) the Ex has finally been stopped from fraudulently claiming benefit, I tried to stop him by reporting him to no avail & I'm not saying how or who, but he's been stopped!!!
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Fabulous news on both counts:T:T:T

What comes around goes around:j:j:j
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure