"Start wherever you are and start small"

Comments

• Work have really messed up my wages this month. How they have managed this I do not know. I'm down about £400.

This will make things a really tight squeeze this month. I'm not a happy person at all.

I guess it's time to rejig the budget.
    Never underestimate the ability of what you can achieve.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    :grinheart
  • Oh no!!!! I hope your work can get this sorted for you - will you have to wait until next month for them to fix it???
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • So I have been away for a few days trying to get my head clear, especially after feeling so unwell. This past week has knocked me for six and I did not realize the true extent- I'm still quite unsure why I feel the way I do but I am trying not to focus on that at the moment and look towards the future.

In the past week I have lost 4lb :j ,so I must be doing something right. Last night I had a cheat night and we made homemade pizzas from Jamie Oliver;s cookbook- they were gorgeous and I would definitely recommend trying them, you can get the recipe online. I am back on track with my diet now though.

Tonight we are going to watch my son in his first show, he is so excited and cannot wait. So we have had a lazy day this morning so he is not wiped out by this afternoon. We have to be there from 4.30 and will probably not leave until 9pm until all is finished- so we will take a pack up tea for him to have so we don't spend a fortune on food there, as tempting as it is.

I have just spent the morning sorting out the 5KY bill for my mum, she is adamant she wants to keep it all- I have received 60% off, £50 credit, 12 months half price multi room and on a rolling contract rather than a 12 monthly- I'm quite impressed I managed to do this. I had to be persistent and it paid off. A few people would not maneuver on deals however after two/three times one fellow helped as much as he could! So a MSE saving there, even if it isn't for me. I shall also be doing her building and content insurance at a later date as her renewal came through and they want £700+ for the year :eek: .

I think I am going to join some of the DFW challenges this month to challenge/ keep myself on the straight and narrow. Christmas is looming upon us, however I don't expect to go OTT like I may have done previous years. I'm working Christmas day this year and plus my son will be going to his Dad's christmas eve/morning and will come back to me around 2pm. I am just looking forward to being with family and all of us being together- we have all different paths in life and live far away from one another.

All my direct debits should come out on Monday apart from my loan payment which is on the 6th October. I am working out what extra I can throw at this for the month due to my reduced income. I have only been paid 67% of my wage due to it being an advance payment and apparently it should all alter in next months pay- we can only see ey? It is definitely going to be a tight month for me.

I have decided not to do any overtime for the foreseeable future until I am healthy myself both physically and mentally. Hopefully if I look after the pennies, the pounds will see to themselves.

That is all from me I guess for now.

:)

current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • I just wanted to write another quick update. I've brought my mum's TV package (includes everything, sports movies etc)/phone and broadband to a total cost of £53 a month with a credit of £50. This means she will not have a bill next month, less than half amount of bill for December and in January she will start paying £53 a month. Last year I got all this down to £62.50 a month with discounts but prior to that she was paying at least £85 a month for less than what she has now and never renewed or checked her bill. It just goes to show.

Next on my list is her building and contents insurance, then her gas and electricity providers. She doesn't do it herself as she thinks it's too much hassle. I guess it used to be alot of hassle but these days it's so much easier.

That's one of my MSE things done for today, even if it does not affect my budget. I've helped someone else in the meantime. As I live at home with my mum I guess every little helps. She helps me in many ways so this is what I'm giving back to her.

So far for me it's been a NSD and I would like to keep it that way, especially it being a new month.

I'm off to join in some challenges!!

:p
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • 02/10/2016
    So it's a Sunday afternoon and I have a child free day as he has gone to his grandparents.

I have been thinking a lot lately and believe my anxiety issues have a big part to play in how I am feeling just lately and how run down/poorly I have been.

I feel out of control with a lot of things, especially with so many changes within the last month. I am not being compassionate to myself and my mentality believes I should just adapt and crack on with things as if nothing has changed- when this isn't the reality and I need to stop being so hard on myself.

There are plenty of things I can control which eases my anxiety but some things are just out of my hands and I need to accept this. It is so hard sometimes when you feel like you're fighting constantly and feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel- although this isn't always the case, sometimes there is a small grey cloud looming over which makes me not appreciate the small things that matter.

I am going to spend the rest of my Sunday sorting through a few things and reorganizing myself and implementing a few things which hopefully will alleviate any anxiety- I am not talking of a quick fix, I mean small baby steps which will be beneficial in the long run.

I am going to update my budgets, plan ahead for the month, make some goals and join in with some challenges. I am also going to analyse where I can make some improvements in regards to my spends and daily life. I am so used to having a routine and being organised in my own ways- I don't know whether this is a good thing or bad thing as sometimes I can become too stuck in my own routine, any changes either scare me or make me panic.

So throughout the day, I shall most likely be making several posts which hopefully will keep me accountable and on track.

Update on 01/10/2016
    The show last night was fantastic and all kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Yesterday did not end up being a NSD for a couple of reasons. Although I prepared tea for my son to have before his show, I forgot to take something for myself- that and the stress of getting kids ready, I resorted to buying a coffee, chocolate bar and a meal for myself costing £10. Not my wisest move and obviously strayed away from my diet but you live and learn.

Following that. the children then had photographs taken with one another and by themselves, they were too good to resist so ended up purchasing a few which cost £18.00. My son adores them so I think at some point I will put them all into an album so we can look back on them with fond memories.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • October 2016 Budget

Total income is £1350 this month due to mess up with wages etc.

Bills
    -Rent: £200.
    -Phone: £41.29 (Usually £25.31 however went over due to purchasing extra data- will not do again and monitor data usage more carefully).
    -Insurance: £6.99. (I've had this for 9 months now, 15 months left on current phone contract, unsure whether to carry on?)
    -Dental: £9.99.
    -Loan: £256.51.

Savings
    -HTB Isa: £200.

Budgets
    -Food: £40.
    -Travel: £80.
    -Other: £400. (There is room within this budget to save if needed).
    Total expected/budgeted outgoings for the month: £1251.80

My income/budget for the month is set aside into a separate account from my main account. There are personal reasons behind this but the idea is that each time a payment comes out, I will transfer the money across (from my budgeted income). I will keep a note of my bank balance at the beginning and end of each month to see if there any any anomalies or differences.

Also any extra income will be set aside in a separate account until the end of the month is near and I decide what to do with this.

I will explain my methods and reasoning in another post.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • Challenges.

I've decided to join the following challenges to keep me motivated.

NST October Finding Your Inner Ferret

- 15 NSD's.
    - Food budget of £40.
    - Travel budget of £80.
    - Lose 10lb.
    - Exercise 2/3 times a week.
    - Take packed lunches to work every day.
    - Learn to cook two new recipes a week.
    Pay Debt off by Xmas 2016!
    - Pay £1295.00 before 31/12/16. This would reduce my total debt down to £11,000.
    I have only joined two challenges with the MSE boards for now as I do not want to overdo it. However there are a number of things which I am aiming for, for the end of the month. I hope I can achieve them!
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • It's back to work for me today, I'm trying to keep my spirits up but still feeling quite rough. I'm plodding along now. There's lots of coughs, colds and everything else happening at work at the moment. I can't risk catching something else again.

I've just come home for my dinner. I'm having a jacket potato with baked beans and probably some fruit to keep me going. Breakfast was a quick grab and go two pieces of fruit.

Today should be a NSD. I've a lot of catching up to do to be honest but I'm going to take it easy as much as possible. I have about a months worth of petrol allowances to input.

When I finish work I have an appointment and then I'll go home and have my tea. I might make spaghetti bolognese. I'm not sure yet, will see how I feel.

I've a lot of fresh veg to use up. I may chop it and freeze and use as and when.

Most of my bills have come out today so I have moved all money around in my accounts so I have a clearer picture of what's going on.

I'll update later.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • 03/10/2016

Yesterday was a successful NSD!

Work was hectic to say the least. After work I came home and had a lovely homemade vegetable soup which had mint sauce in to flavour and it made a huge difference! I then spent the evening relaxing and had an early night. I clearly need them at the moment. My latest results came back from DRs which show I have an infection at present. Antibiotics have been prescribed so here's to the start of my fourth course!

04/10/2016

Today should also be a NSD. Aside from things I've already budgeted for and cannot be helped! I've decided in regards to these, anything not budgeted for will count as a spend. I think this will make me more aware of what I am spending.

My next direct debit comes out on the 6th for the loan. I hope I can change it to the 1st of each month so everything comes out together. Then for the rest of the month I can overpay where possible.

The next couple of months will prove hard with budgeting with Christmas coming up. I do not plan to go overboard this year. I hope to do most of my shopping online as I can't face how busy it gets in the town centre.

I suppose I best go get ready for work!
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
  • 04/10/2016

Another successful NSD, making that the total of 2 NSD.

Yesterday ended up being pretty hectic and busy. I did not end up doing half the things I wanted to do.

I did have my lunch at home, spaghetti on toast. As we were out for the evening I had a quick jacket potato with tuna.

I quite enjoy quick simple meals like this every so often. I also had plenty of fruit throughout the day so it kept my snacking at bay.

05/10/2016

Today I'm hoping for another NSD. There is nothing I currently need or want that warrants a spend. I'm on my best behaviour.

I'm working until 10pm tonight. My first late shift in a long while and I don't feel ready! I'm quite nervous. Here's to fingers crossed I'll be okay!

I'm quite annoyed lately. I saw my sons dad last night and he made a comment that as soon as his partner gets a promotion he thinks he can go part time and pay me less maintenance money. I swear he would go part time for that reason. I wouldn't mind but he only pays £135 a month and this hasn't increased in two years. He thinks I'm rolling in money. I told him to try and use that amount and that amount only to look after his own son for a month (with no financial help!). Currently his own parents pay most things for my son. I'm grateful to them, just not to him! I may take some time to accurately write out a list of everything I do for my son and cost it all up. He's an idiot, always been obsessed with money even though he has none and when we were together he was controlling with money and never put his hand in his pocket. I'm glad I got away. I wouldn't mind but his partner is lovely and is great with my son. I get on with her really well. She's a blessing.

My loan payment comes out tomorrow. I'm glad because then I can make another overpayment! :D
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business