IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Parking Notice Charge for parking in Aldi, Bangor

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 September 2016 at 6:47PM
    if I remember correctly this happened in Bangor , North Wales but the keeper resides in Northern Ireland

did they issue a popla code with the rejection ?

if so , when is the expiry date of that code ?

do you wish to put in a popla appeal, knowing you are not in the england and wales territory ?

or are you following the IGNORE route for N.I. ?

posts 18 to 20 and others told you to ignore it
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Redx wrote: »
    if I remember correctly this happened in Bangor , North Wales but the keeper resides in Northern Ireland

did they issue a popla code with the rejection ?

if so , when is the expiry date of that code ?

do you wish to put in a popla appeal, knowing you are not in the england and wales territory ?

or are you following the IGNORE route for N.I. ?

Yes you are remembering correctly.

They issued a POPLA reference with the rejection letter. It does not state an expiry date for the code however the letter is dated 25 August 2016 and states that we have to appeal within 28 days which I would think is the 22nd September 2016.

We want to appeal it so then we will not receive any more letters or contact from them.
  • Redx
    you can check the expiry date of the code on parking cowboys website

as you have a popla code , if you are going ahead with a popla appeal as keeper , search recent popla appeals on here and draft one up , to be submitted within the next 10 days or so (before the expiry date) , it can be checked on here first

I am surprised aldi have not cancelled it
  • Jo4
    you can check the expiry date of the code on parking cowboys website

as you have a popla code , if you are going ahead with a popla appeal as keeper , search recent popla appeals on here and draft one up , to be submitted within the next 10 days or so (before the expiry date) , it can be checked on here first

Aldi was not contacted. We do not have a receipt for Aldi.
  • Jo4

Post 44 stated "No point with no receipt, IMHO. You don't need to involve them." so I didn't contact them.
  • Redx
    well you should have done anyway , regardless

as for being in N.I. and popla appeals , use this thread to tailor your own POPLA appeal, as KEEPER , where POFA2012 does not apply due to your location etc

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5522845
  • Jo4
    well you should have done anyway , regardless

as for being in N.I. and popla appeals , use this thread to tailor your own POPLA appeal, as KEEPER , where POFA2012 does not apply due to your location etc

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5522845

Take it, it is too late now?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Errrrrmmmm...no. Are you a cup-half-empty person? Why assume it is too late?

You said they sent you a POPLA code at the end of August so you have another fortnight to copy and adapt the one already written.

You do not need to check the code against any 'code checker'. You have 28 days from the rejection letter. This is simple and someone else has already written one for you to plagiarise. What's not to like? EASY.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jo4
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Errrrrmmmm...no. Are you a cup-half-empty person? Why assume it is too late?

You said they sent you a POPLA code at the end of August so you have another fortnight to copy and adapt the one already written.

You do not need to check the code against any 'code checker'. You have 28 days from the rejection letter. This is simple and someone else has already written one for you to plagiarise. What's not to like? EASY.

No, I am not. I thought it might have been too late because a POPLA code had been issued.

I have had a thumping headache for a few days and I am not thinking straight these days.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    OK, you have 28 days to use a POPLA code so leave it a week, give yourself a rest from it. Come back and use the one already linked, to create a similar POPLA appeal for yourself, when you feel better.

Do no put it off longer than that in case life takes over and you forget!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure