overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Heating on in June ???!!! Madness :)
    I am way too tight for that ! We are all sat with hoodies & fluffy slippers on .... Boys complained they are cold but I told them if they moved a bit faster - they might warm up a bit ! Lol

Youngest on his way to bed because he claims he has hypothermia !! Ha ha ha :)

C x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    heating now off,hot water bottle now ready in my bed!
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• Coco114
    Options
    Omg ! Why didn't someone wake me up ?! I cannot remember the last time I stayed in bed till 10 ! Then I come downstairs to find the poor cats crossing their legs , last nights dinner dishes to do & grass everywhere after football yesterday ..... Eldests room looks like we have been burgled and youngests room appears to have something crawled away and died in it judging by the smell ... Yuk ! Boys :rotfl:
    I am sure it didn't look this bad in rosy glow of lamplight last night
    So it's another restful Sunday here !

Typically - it's lovely & sunny hear today :mad:

Asparagus I cannot believe you had a hot water bottle !!! Lol

We are having my cheap-as-chips roast today - toad in the hole - total cost of about £5 !!! Good job they love it :)
    But first better start operation "clear up the warzone" , I may be sometime ............

Coco x
  • Box_of_Fluffies
    Options
    We've had a house full of teenagers this weekend and it's weird, they only have to be in the room for about half an hour and it gets that teenage smell. :p Funny, when you open a window to let fresh air in they move on to the next room. :rotfl:

Congratulations to your son and his team on winning the trophy. I bet you're one proud mum.
    Diary: Conquering Debts Once and For All
    CC1 Jan 2012 $875.32 / CLEARED
    CC2 Jan 2012 $5,883.33 / June 2014 CLEARED
    Mortgage Jan 2012 $382,997.08 / Sept 2014 $367,775.37
    Business Loans Feb 2012 $48,407.52 / Sept 2014 $5,289.09

Ex mortgage - 89.07% debt paid
  • maganan
    maganan Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Coco hope you're ok, you've not been on in a few days, hope you're just enjoying the footie/working/houseworking/parenting/decluttering/debt-busting etc etc and that nothings wrong :(

Or maybe you've been swept off your feet by one of your admirers :j or pants man :rotfl:

Anyway hope you're ok

K x
    Final no going back LBM 20/12/10
    Debt Jan 2011 [STRIKE]£28217.65[/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE] DMP start 01/02/11 -[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    Debt free[STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]26 September 2014 :):beer:
    £2 Savers Club - 2012 no 105 2012 Sealed pot challenge no 1282 DMP mutual support thread No 405
    Proud to HAVE dealt with my debts:j
  • Coco114
    Options
    Hi Maganan :j

I am doing ok thanks - completely wiped out as work is mental and will be so for next couple of months !! I was so busy today that at 3.00 I realised I hadn't had a lunch break or even had a cup of tea :eek: yikes !! I like being busy but ...... :)

Also , being totally honest - I am totally ****** off with everything ! I try to keep :) but it's getting tough. House value isn't great - and with the amount of work that needs doing I will be looking at an offer of £10k below asking (which is about £20k) short anyway. I am struggling every month and there doesn't seem there will ever be an end. Also , ex has now decided it is unlikely he will be having boys to stay at all - maybe once in a blue moon. So , all day Sat he is here - and one evening every week .... It's very draining :) and so it goes on. I just feel totally in limbo !!!

Anyway , apart from that it's ok :) sadly I haven't been swept off my feet - though this may be because I only ever go to work or T**cos !! Lol .... Blimey what a moaning Minnie I am :rotfl:

I have been doing my surveys and watching every penny so at least I haven't fallen off the wagon yet :)

Coco x
  • maganan
    edited 20 June 2012 at 9:27PM
    Options
    oh lovely I know how you feel, sometimes life is like swimming through treacle! YOU ARE DOING GREAT :)

I hope things work out re house just remember you just need one person with vision through the door and heho its sorted, but maybe nows not the right time with everything you're dealing with. I always (try and) think the "toughest steel goes through the hottest fire" and in life you get what you can cope with not what you deserve. I know these things sound like platitudes etc and tbh I'm struggling with both (work !!!!!!) but I know you're strong and you will find a path through that works for you, yours and your integrity. Maybe you need to rethink the ex stuff, I'm not suggesting you fight dirty (its not you!) but maybe consider fighting for whats fair to you, you're carrying everything gained jointly as your problem to solve, its not! Oh and don't try and hide behind doing the right thing/being a good person/work etc etc (been there, done that and hell it didn't work you've seen my signiture!) I think everyone on here believes in how strong you are and how much integrity you have, just don't loose sight of why you're here, I get the feeling its for a future for you and your boys and the future you all deserve.......don't let the past (despite the good bits :)) spoil that

Sorry that was a bit deep!

Oh and just to make you laugh re being blown off your feet and only going to work/supermarket I'm even considering internet dating just trying to work out how to work in "I'm skint and on a DMP"..........apply within gorgeous men :rotfl:

Hope DS1 is doing ok with A levels

K x
    Debt Jan 2011 [STRIKE]£28217.65[/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE] DMP start 01/02/11 -[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    £2 Savers Club - 2012 no 105 2012 Sealed pot challenge no 1282 DMP mutual support thread No 405
  • Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coco - I second everything Maganan has said - I have nothing to add :T
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • Coco114
    Options
    Bless you :) let me know if your personal ad works ... I might try that myself :rotfl:

The thing is this - my eldest always tells me that he feels like Dad comes as much to see me & question me as he does to see them , it's the control thing all over again I guess. I could spend all my day Saturday out running around , and one evening , whilst he is here but I dont see why I should ? My friends keep saying I need to tell him straight re money , and lord knows I have tried , but fact is I am left with the choice of crippling myself or I lose the house .... It's a toughie !!! :) i could really do with sitting it out & waiting for house prices to go up - I just don't feel I have the energy.

What I really need is for someone to tell me what to do for the best :) because I don't know anymore. He has a great job , nice house (all be it shared) and a nice girlfriend - I just don't see why he can't leave me alone to get on with my life & I donk think he ever will while he can still come & go as he pleases ....

Anyway - moan over :) - eldest has last exam on Friday - then it's out into the big wide world ... Well watching Wimbledon & the Olympics anyway lol. I am not nagging him this week I would rather he concentrate on revision .... I will save the nagging for next week ha ha ha :)

Coco x
  • maganan
    edited 20 June 2012 at 10:52PM
    Options
    Oh coco, I needed a moment before I replied! I had "dad comes to see you not us". It feels like !!!!! I know, but its actually a testament to how well you've brought them up, oh and I mean you!, the values you've given them, after all its you they're living with not dad who " has a great job , nice house (all be it shared) and a nice girlfriend"! I know how hard it is truthfully and I feel for you and I'm equally sure that however controlling etc he is/was you loved him, after all you created two wonderful boys (albeit lazy, smelly boys :)) All I can say is just don't let that colour your decisions now if he is the good man you want (thought) him to be he will be what your boys need but thats up to him, you have no control over that! If you decide to stop him coming round and make him take them out instead that doesn't make you wrong or bad, if he doesn't/can't deal with that etc I feel I know where your boys allegiance will lie which will not make you feel any better and may cause arguments but still isn't because you've done the wrong thing. Sorry I wish I could say the right thing and I'm not in a position to put your ex down but what I do know is that, like many, we find you honest, kind, hard working and trying to please all the people all of the time! I'm sure "coco" deserves some time for herself to just be.................let me know how to do that please :)

Please don't jump into anything re house, masonn is far better at the practical stuff! Bottom line if you and ex are done (I know there is often unfinished business) then all you need to do now is look after you and the boys and yes I know easier said than done, but I'm sure this is what you'd be saying to friends in your situation :)

I'm sorry if I sound like a !!!!!, you just strike me as a good person and I think you deserve good things!

PS will let you know if I ever get the balls to "submit" on the internet dating free trial :money: :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure