Help with Tesco's screening questions

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    OP, I'm not being funny but what if we had all given you the answers, you'd popped them in and then you hadn't been selected - would you blame a random set of online strangers on a forum or yourself?

I think people have been extraordinarily helpful, even for those of us who would say you should do it on your own as you're the applicant - can you not see that in a way it's not helpful to you if you make it through and then feel completely out of your depth?

I'm glad you got the job and I hope you can do it, but as a former recruiter, I have to also stand by what others have said on here.

lol you quoted me by mistake right,
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    lol you quoted me by mistake right,
    Sorry, I quoted you in support of your statement but should have made that clearer as you're clearly not the OP! :o
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry, I quoted you in support of your statement but should have made that clearer as you're clearly not the OP! :o

yes i understood what you were doing well i thought thats what you were trying to emphasis(sp?), thanks

OP good luck in the job,
  • bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JoeLowe wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help, Not!

I have been offered the job, so it looks like my answers were ok.

can you (or any one else) offer any advice on what the interview was like ??

was it a group one or was it 1 to 1
    anything else would be appreciated
    the wife's got an interview on Friday

Thanks
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    SueC wrote: »
    But what about if you were one of the umpteen customers in the ever-growing queue?

As checkout operator you are serving ALL of those customers, not just the one in front of you. You need to decide what action is best over all and keeps as many customers as happy as possible.

If it were me, and I was told I had to pay then queue up to claim some money back there would be a strongly worded complaint letter going to HO next day. Or I would leave the product there and refuse to pay for it. If I was feeling particularly challenging I would leave the whole basket!

Then again I dont shop in tesco. I believe the OP answered that one correctly personally. It is down to the checkout person to serve properly and the floor manager to queue manage, which is a science as much as an art.
  • SueC_2
    SueC_2 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    hcb42 wrote: »
    If it were me, and I was told I had to pay then queue up to claim some money back there would be a strongly worded complaint letter going to HO next day. Or I would leave the product there and refuse to pay for it. If I was feeling particularly challenging I would leave the whole basket!

But that's my point!

In the scenario where you walk away, Tesco has one unhappy customer. In the scenario where the checkout operator keeps you at the till for an age while the problem is resolved, Tesco have x number of unhappy customers (in the queue behind you).

Agreed, ideally there would be no unhappy customers, but this is the real world we're discussing.
  • Am not trying to prove anybody right or wrong. am just an ordinary thinker who happens to be astonished by this discussion. my concerns are:

1. i dont think its fair for a customer to go over to cs and wait for refund again after waiting in the queue and what about spending a double time serving a customer where it could be avoided. i think its costly

2. if many customers happened to have picked same item, all of them would be referred to the cs as well. i wonder how reasonable that quality of service is.

In all am saying, with a long queue, i think its better to sort the price issue so that u dont build the queue at the cs all in the name of whatever.
  • Evilm
    Evilm Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    hcb42 wrote: »
    Or I would leave the product there and refuse to pay for it..

Depending on the value of the product you would then have had to wait for a manager to override the void. At another supermarket the void amount over the Christmas period was £3.50 before a manager had to be called.

(This annoyed people twice as much as the fact it had the wrong price to start with btw.)

More often than not when I saw something pop up at normal price not sale price I would continue scanning but explain to the customer I was calling for a price override. The team were pretty good so usually as long as there were a few items left it to scan it wouldn't hold the customer up long. (I expect this doesn't fit in with Tesco's policies though.)
  • JoeLowe wrote: »
    I am trying to apply for a job at Tescos, but am unable to get past the screening questions. Could anyone help?

Hate to be brutal, but if you don't know how to answer these, then perhaps you're not the right person fora job in Tesco? They are screening questions for a reason after all.
  • JVB_2
    JVB_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    How could i find an application for the cs post at tesco? :o Enquired at tesco,they said they publish it online but haven't found one yet:think:.could someone please help replying!:) thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure