tttf
tttf Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 14 February 2010 at 7:19PM in Energy
aaaa aaaaaaaaa

Comments

• KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    (I don't think anyone should reply. The subject line is marked 'URGENT'. The OP clearly didn't take any notice of letters marked 'urgent' British Gas sent to them. Therefore it is only fair that we ignore this thread for a few months.)
  • You must not use any one elses key because then you will be paying their account and not your own.
    there after bg will still want payment for your usage on your meter(they will bill you on the meters reading not on what you credit to it).
    you canot change supplier when in debt
    so don't be stupid
  • zartub
    zartub Posts: 194 Forumite
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    (I don't think anyone should reply. The subject line is marked 'URGENT'. The OP clearly didn't take any notice of letters marked 'urgent' British Gas sent to them. Therefore it is only fair that we ignore this thread for a few months.)
    dumb !!! !
  • You can take a mates key to a paypoint and put money on it, but it will only go in your mates meter, as the keys/cards are set up to be used by meter serial number.

So....your plan to avoid paying off your debt is a non-starter; please remember this is a money saving site, not a 'anyone know a scam' site.
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    0800 0480 303 bg prepayment mtr telephone number
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You may also find that if you put another key into the meter then neither of the keys will work and you will be out of electricity.

If you are struggling see if the Weekly Recovery rate can be changed if this is going to be a big problem.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • tttf wrote: »
    Hey

Had a prepayment meter fitted today

Currently with BG

I have a debt to be added to the meter was told this takes 4-5 weeks(activated via top up at paypoint)

As the meter was only fitted 12hrs ago I have £5 emergency on there plus £5 credit the meter guy put on there.

If I was to use a friends OLD prepayment key or another key from another supplier would this stop BG from adding the debt to my meter?(before I make my first paypoint top up)

Any help/advice would be welcome

Thanks

if you do that then that means your payments will not hit your accout at BGT and go to your friends account or another supplier and you will be the first person to complaim when your bill shows you being in a large debt! So please use your correct key!!!!!!!!
    :beer:In My 'Permanant' Pre-Masters Gap Year :beer:
    'Married' Apple Fan and Proud
    With 16 Conversions
    I am not affiliated with any company except the one for whom I work!
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    tttf wrote: »
    not all door to door energy salesman con people ive been working in the industry now for 4 years have worked for 3 of the big 6 so dont tarnish everyone ;)

So you have been working in the industry and you are trying to use someone else's key to avoid a debt, then you say not all energy salesmen are con men, sounds like we have got one here.
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes your a honest salesman who wants to commit fraud. ;) really are you for real?
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    cajef wrote: »
    So you have been working in the industry and you are trying to use someone else's key to avoid a debt, then you say not all energy salesmen are con men, sounds like we have got one here.

He's obviously a pretty rubbish salesman as he can't afford to pay his energy bills! :p
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport