Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• Payday today whoop. Payrol has messed up for the second month in a row and not taken my childcare voucher money out out before tax so again I'm spending about £80 more than I should be. Called payrol and there is nothing they can do apparently. Grrrr!

Caved last night and ordered a curry £25! This cold needed a spicy curry to kick it out of my body. Woke up feeling a bit better today.

Tesco shop arrived today too so a nice full fridge and cupboards.

Work tomorrow. Should be a NSD. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Work today. Quick check in to remind myself just because I'm near shops I don't need to go in them!!!! Wednesday I popped to boots as my foundation was near the end it was buy one get one half price so got a mascara too as that's running but also picked up a bottle of water and cereal bar!!! It's little spends like this that trip me up! So today I need to et some baby wipes when I finish but that is all I will buy!!!

Help to buy application is just being processed thy said hopefully I'll have an answer by the end of next week then we can submit my application for the mortgage. Scared and just want it done now.

Right best get sorted for work. Just had an hour cleaning ad they boys go to the childminder with DP and I don't start work until 10 today.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Oh also the childminder prewarned me my childcare bill would be £700+ this month but I think she was wrong as ds's free hours should kick in from next month. Fingers crossed it's not as we have the money but are always a few 100 short of where we need to be at the mo. DP is having an amazing month at work so hopefully with that and the smaller childcare bill we can start getting mo et tucked away in savings again.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Hannah, just been nosing a little at your diary, firstly wanted to say wow and well done simply for sticking to a diary for over a year!

I'll subscribe now to keep up to date as you sound as determined as I am to make a better future for our children!

Good luck and keep going!
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Morning morning morning,

Thanks Angelica I'll check yours out.

Sorry I've been quiet back to work and still have the cold so just feels super hectic and tiring right now.

Money wise things have been pretty normal. Pocket money account has £70 I have a trip to the beach planned for Monday. Going to suggest to my sister going to a quiet one where the kids can just run around and not haven the bank holiday crowds or shops and arcades to spend in. Wednesday is dp's day off and I have a week off work so we have a day off together we've planned to take the train to town ds1 is train mad right now. We have Tesco vouchers for a meal out so should be a nice cheap day. DP's parents are coming down today he did initially say he would take them out for a meal as a thank you for the money but we are still a few £100 a drift so I brought bits to cook a roast instead. Sure they won't mind no point gifting us money to buy a house then us spending it on a lunch out for them. Plus I cook a mean roast. Had to buy new work shoes I put it off and off then they gave in at work and I popped to clarks and got swayed by the prettiness and spent £60 on some! Oops! Oh well it's done now and they should last a while. DP's pay day wasn't too great again this month but he's doing great this month so next month we should be able to get a good chunk put away plus buy ds2's new car seat £180 so ds1 can move up into his current one. I researched and this is the safest one I think car seats are one of the areas to not skrimp! I've ordered DS1 a advent calendar that cost £30 this came from the Christmas fund but its a Thomas minis one which I think he will love you can get play sets tonuse them with for £20-£30 so I'll get grandparents to get him those as gifts. Hoping to have enough in thtime Christmas fund to get him a tablet too we shall see. Waiting for the childminders bill she said it'll be here on the 25th and needs paying my the 1st but she always seems to be late and unorganised with things something I can't stand. Oh well means we don't have to pay it as soon I guess. Hoping it'll be around the £500 mark as ds1's 30 hours kick in whoop. Then we're officially out of the three month tight stretch....that followed the 6 month smp pay stretch.

Right house wise stilllll waiting for the help to buy people to get back to me the builder needed to register properly they said it should be sorted by yesterday but I've heard nothing so will call Tuesday. Just gotta hope it all falls into place still. Trying not to think about it or I get a bit crazy.

Must try and post more we've not been silly with money just the £60 shoes but I feel more in control when I'm posting more.

Have a good Sunday everyone x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • So I have gon back to the beginning of your diary and started to read. I LOVE IT!!!! Couldn't wait and had to tell you. Loads of good ideas, and there are things that we are both already doing, so in good company.
    I've only managed to get to page 7 so far, but being a Bh weekend I'll be caught up in no time (no spoilers!)
    We are on our saving for a deposit journey, but would also like to start thinking about a family soon also. We aren't one of these couples that will put it off until we buy a house.... we aren't getting any younger and what will be will be.
    Can't wait to carry on reading and getting ideas and support!
    Well done!
  • Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We also went to the beach yesterday and had a cheapy day out! Was lovely weather and we all came home absolutely knackered!
    Am a little glad the bank holiday weekend is over now and I can get back on with normal life now though! Enjoy the train and dinner out tomorrow!
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Morning,

Ended up at a national trust stately home yesterday as the forecast was sun no clouds and we didn't want the babies out all day with no shade on the beach. Spent £16 £10 in the cafe that wasn't planned we just passed through to go to the loo and saw the cake. Oops!

Food shop coming today £60 I needed milk for the baby and a littter tray my neighbour came and complained about our cat pooping on his garden. Oops mainly fresh bits and bobs I'm going to give being a vegan a go again. Ive tried before but the black tea situation made me cave butnive ordered some pay milk. We are also quite bad at snacking on cakes and chocolate at night time so hoping to kick that habit too. Lunch out tomorrow I'll see how I'm feeling I may have it as my one last cheese filled meal or try and order vegan. I'll see how I go. Thinking maybe a week or two of cutting down slowly.

NSD today (bar the food shop obv's) going to have a chilled day at home getting washing sorted and the house cleaned a little if the kids allow it.

Still no sign of the childcare bill.

I need to call the help to buy people today and see what's going on with my application. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick pop in.

Trip to town on the train was lovely yesterday. £12 on train tickets, £9 on a hair cut for ds2 and £3 on sweets. Had a lovely three course meal in prezzo with wine courtesy of Tesco and a voucher I had.

NSD today took the boys to the woods this morning and had a picnic stayed two hours before the heavens gave in which was a shame as I could have stayed all day. My mum always comes for dinner on Thursdays so she'ok be over in a bit. I need to meal plan out of the cupboards and freezer until payday. Challenging myself to only buy break and milk. We shall see.

Childcare bill came and it was only £360 I was expecting £500! I think this is roughly what it'll be each month now too so that's a bonus. Called the childcare voucher people as I was struggling to figure out how to lower the amount that comes from my wages and she sent me a form to fill out.

About £80 short in the bills account until I get paid and only £6 in the food and petrol account. I will need petrol again so may pop this in from my pocket money £50 left to last until 15th I can just plan cheap picnic days. Then that's it we've made it through the rough childcare patch now ds2's 30 hours have kicked in whoop! DP has had a great month at work too so when he gets laid the end of next month we should be able to tuck away £600 and buy ds'2's £170 car seat. Can't wait to feel back on track and start getting money into the savings again.

Stilllll waiting for the builder to complete his help to buy application so still no house news. Grrr I just need to know if I can get the mortgage or now it's driving me mad. Ive pushed it to the back of my brain and tucked it away so I don't go mad but every time I think about it I start to worry.

No plans for tomorrow as of yet. Weather looks ok so I may just stay at home in the garden to save using petrol it's a good 30 mile round trip to anything from ours. Saturday is a park/picnic day then Sunday I like to stay home eat pancakes for breakfast then cook a roast. DP works every other Sunday but finishes at 5 so we have a nice family meal together when he gets back. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Oh also cancelled Netflix id signed up when our kodi box broke but it's fixed now so that's gone. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts