Home Carers

I am Home Carer to boost my Income.It pays between £6-£7 per hour and some pay your petrol as well. Basic job is caring for clients in their own home and can involve caring for immobile people (you get training) getting them up in the morning,feeding them,helping with dressing,making meals. A strong stomach for bodily functions helps.........;)

Can be done part time, evenings and weekends. Some clients are easy as you are only preparing a meal for an elderly person and some of them are quite lonely so its nice to chat to them too. Or going for their shopping, or accompanying them to church or something.

I actually LOVE the job and never thought I would. If the money was better I would do it full time.

I work a Sunday and two nights mid week so its not too strenous.Look in your local paper as many advertise in there.
Debts :Paypal £1981.32
Monzo Loan £4278.16
Virgin CC £2137 0% until Dec 23
HSBC £5471.01 0% until Feb 2025
Emergency pot £404.47/2500
1p Savings Challenge £1.45/660
52 week Savings: £22.00/1400

Comments

• welnik
    welnik Posts: 541 Forumite
    Thanks for posting that. Ive been working in an office for donkeys years and I saw this type of job advertised in my local newsagents. I went for an interview and go the job but the salary was £6 an hour instead of £8 and the job was miles away.

I quite fancied it myself as its something you could fit round school runs etc but the personal care side of things put me off a little. Saying that, a friend of mine used to do it and she said you get used to it very quickly.

Seem to be crying out for people to do it too.
    Matched betting proceeds so far: £505.00
  • Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Arwen wrote: »
    A strong stomach for bodily functions helps.........;)

That should be in big letters!!!

We have a running joke in work about carers, care assistants and car homes but to be honest we think you do a fab job and although we get the occasional bit of blood/poo/pee/vomit. You guys get it everyday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure