PPI companies on Rip-Off Britain - BBC1 now

2»

Comments

• The_Swerve wrote: »

People take taxis to cut out a ten minute walk...are taxis wrong to charge? Could the taxi driver advise the potential passenger that it is only a 10 min walk and would be of benefit to everyone but the taxi driver if they did walk?
    (Is that a fair analogy? :) )
    Poor analogy, people often take taxis because they are late. A CMC will not expedite a complaint any quicker than acting alone.
    The_Swerve wrote: »
    I wouldnt want to have paid anyone 2 grand to send out the two letters that was needed to get my PPI back and I would always advise people to at least have a go themselves using the information on this website and elsewhere.
    In my case it would have been nearer seven grand, so I fully agree. However, I don't know why you mention CMCs providing work because it's temporary work which will soon dry up.
  • Poor analogy, people often take taxis because they are late. A CMC will not expedite a complaint any quicker than acting alone.

I would have thought laziness was the main reason...certainly in my case anyway

In my case it would have been nearer seven grand, so I fully agree. However, I don't know why you mention CMCs providing work because it's temporary work which will soon dry up.

hey, work is work isnt it. Its keeping people off the dole (for now) and its contributing tax (I assume these companies are paying their staff...who knows these days??? )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure