A Leap of Faith

Comments

• Hi Orange Ena hope you made the most of your week off :)

Weekly update: Didn't network as much as I'd planned to at conference as quite frankly I felt a little overwhelmed by the number of people & the noise. I did make some useful contacts though & will have the opportunity to join a RL & a virtual networking group which I think will suit me better.

One of my work-streams is drying up - luckily its the least lucrative so happy to let that drift - I haven't even bothered asking why they haven't sent me clients this month - it just feels like the right time for us to part company.

And, as my Mum would've said - "One door closes and another opens" - I've been asked to deliver some workshops for a Charity that I coach for which is great - I love that kind of work (& I love that charity).

A busy week planned for next week - a Team planning day on Monday - then coaching the rest of the week - other than Thurs when my son has an INSET day & we're planning a day up Town (belated birthday celebration for me).

I did my earnings calculation for the month & looking back on my first 4 months of fully trading I have earned the same as I did at work. Feeling surprised, very pleased and motivated to push myself even more....
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • I'm so pleased that your calculations have proven that you've made the right decision venturing out on your own. Most businesses struggle at first so you've done fabulously well :T

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason so that work-stream probably wasn't meant to be so that you would have time for the workshops :)

Onwards and upwards for you now, no looking back (except to see that it wasn't as good as it is now :P )

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2363.03 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £900/£3000 | Holiday spends £430 | General Saver £2562.77
  • Thank you LMD - what encouraging words :) How are you doing?
  • So glad things are going well with your new career Somerandom, hope you are taking care of yourself and you are feeling better now.
    Here's hoping work continues to come in, and maybe next time you will have chance to network more xxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • Thanks StressedMum - I've got a Networking opportunity coming up next week & I'm determined to be more prepared this time round! I will know absolutely loads of people there from my old line of work - don't know if that will make it easier or harder... How are you doing?
  • I'm doing ok, thanks.
    I'm busy on the £10 a day challenge, I 'signed up' for £5/day for 397 days, started 1st December. I've had a storming time so far and am already 50% towards my target!!
    Xxxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • Well done stressedmum - I loved doing the £10 a day challenge - really motivating :)
  • Good Morning ! I hope you are all well & have had a good week.

Last week was a great week for me: I had a facilitating job on Monday & plenty of coaching the rest of the week. Financially, if every week was like that I'd be VERY happy. Also it was nicely balanced - really busy on 3 days, moderately busy on another and I took a whole day off on Thurs to spend the day with my son (INSET day). That's how I want things to be - busy but not all about work.

The facilitating job went well & I got excellent feedback. A really lovely bunch of people dedicated to their work - it felt lovely to help them acknowledge the valuable impact they have in the world. The venue was just up the road from where I used to work - it felt odd on the way in - I kept having to remind myself that I wasn't going to my old job ! I bumped into someone who I used to work with, she commented on how well and "not stressed" I looked :).

When I think about my old job from a distance of 4 months I realise just how difficult and stressful it was. So much responsibility, constant stress on so many levels.... It gives me a twitch just thinking about it.

Next week is looking moderately busy - a lot less expected income than the last week but enough. Weds I will be out networking again. Its an event where there will be lots of people from my old line of work and I will know a lot of people. Hopefully it will be a good opportunity to tell people what I'm doing (and at the very least have a good catch up with everyone & a nice lunch -its in some very posh offices up in Town). I will use the opportunity of a quieter week to get on top of my admin :o and follow up on leads.

When I look in my diary its usually fairly busy for 2 weeks ahead and then really sparse. Every now and then I get a bit wobbly about that but I am learning to hold my nerve... :eek: most of the time lol

I'd love to know how you are doing :)
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    somerandom wrote: »
    Good Morning ! I hope you are all well & have had a good week.

Last week was a great week for me: I had a facilitating job on Monday & plenty of coaching the rest of the week. Financially, if every week was like that I'd be VERY happy. Also it was nicely balanced - really busy on 3 days, moderately busy on another and I took a whole day off on Thurs to spend the day with my son (INSET day). That's how I want things to be - busy but not all about work.

The facilitating job went well & I got excellent feedback. A really lovely bunch of people dedicated to their work - it felt lovely to help them acknowledge the valuable impact they have in the world. The venue was just up the road from where I used to work - it felt odd on the way in - I kept having to remind myself that I wasn't going to my old job ! I bumped into someone who I used to work with, she commented on how well and "not stressed" I looked :).

When I think about my old job from a distance of 4 months I realise just how difficult and stressful it was. So much responsibility, constant stress on so many levels.... It gives me a twitch just thinking about it.

Next week is looking moderately busy - a lot less expected income than the last week but enough. Weds I will be out networking again. Its an event where there will be lots of people from my old line of work and I will know a lot of people. Hopefully it will be a good opportunity to tell people what I'm doing (and at the very least have a good catch up with everyone & a nice lunch -its in some very posh offices up in Town). I will use the opportunity of a quieter week to get on top of my admin :o and follow up on leads.

When I look in my diary its usually fairly busy for 2 weeks ahead and then really sparse. Every now and then I get a bit wobbly about that but I am learning to hold my nerve... :eek: most of the time lol

I'd love to know how you are doing :)

Hope you've had a good week. Sounds like you went self employed at the right time SR. My job stresses me out and I'm desperate to leave. I'm off at the moment with stress and already dreading going back.

Have a good weekend :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • OrangeEna I'm so sorry that you are going through such a difficult time at work. It's miserable to feel that way - I really do sympathise. Do you have an exit strategy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport