Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    usa page going on about a book task or something as well, some people up to 600sb+ earnings from it
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    cally6008 wrote: »
    usa page going on about a book task or something as well, some people up to 600sb+ earnings from it

Nick is 99% sure that the app is only for US users. I've replied:-

The thing is, Nick, if it's only available in the US then that's another advantage they have over us here in the UK. From the blog post they can earn another 52 SB a day from that app alone. This would be a godsend to a lot of swaggers here.

If anyone else wants to join in the discussion on Facebook, please feel free. It's only by letting Swagbucks now our feelings that anything will get done to improve things.

I wonder what that book task could be - could be a crowdflower one, I suppose. You can bet, though, we'll not get it
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm sure it is a CF task. One of the other sites was talking about it last night and coining it in with it, but it wasn't showing when I went looking for it.
  • paulshorse
    Do we have the same daily goal as the Americans? If so, it's hardly fair when they have many more ways to earn than we do...

The gap seems to be widening more and more. They get mobile SBTV, this new app and the radio offer - so they can earn more and more every day. We get OMG credit cards which may or may not be useful once in a blue moon
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    I'm sure it is a CF task. One of the other sites was talking about it last night and coining it in with it, but it wasn't showing when I went looking for it.

I can't see it either :(
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse wrote: »
    I can't see it either :(

Apparently it is a crowdflower task about the relationship of book characters. It doesn't look like it's a huge one off payment - there seems to be two levels, 4sb and 2sb. Here are a couple of posts about it from the US Facebook page:-

you can get 4 sb in less than 20 seconds I got 580 today just doing that task and the 2sb version----

there are some extremely easy task abut relationship of book characters for 4sb a page. I earned 380sb from just those in about 45 minutes before I maxed out on them.

Could be worth keeping an eye out on the tasks to see if they pop up here
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Swagbucks_company_representative
    Swagbucks_company_representative Posts: 26 Organisation Representative
    i know i said i would not post on here again but i need to make an exception as it is important and i don't know these users on FB. Milo72 posted earlier -

Originally Posted by milo72 viewpost.gif I am getting emails to my main email account that I used to join SBs last year. I NEVER had this problem until this past few weeks. To add insult to injury the info used to send these 3rd party emails was given on surveys which actually booted me out after getting the info,with NO sbs.
    I have never ever used my main email for offers or surveys,so the only answer is that SBs allowed 3rd parties access to it.Shame on them

As i said earlier, we would never allow third parties to it. But this is a very worrying claim, so we need to investigate. Milo72, or any others who believe they have been spammed, if you would, would you go onto FB and DM me your info (email address, 3rd party email you received and if possible survey provider used)

and then we will investigate. we pride ourselves on no spam so this matters alot.

over and out...
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Swagbucks. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • paulshorse
    I have just asked Nick this question on Facebook -

Nick - can I ask a direct question, please? Why exactly is it not possible for us to have these apps in the UK? I'm sure it's not a question of them not being compatible here - after all there are thousands of apps that can be used worldwide. Not only that, I understand that there was an unofficial app some time ago, so this proves that it shouldn't be difficult to make. We have SBTV available through our browsers and so the vids and the ads are already there - surely it's just a case of making them also available through an SBTV mobile app. I'm not particularly technically savvy, but I can't for the life of me understand why it's so difficult to bring this to us. So may people are asking for this. It would surely generate more income for Swagbucks and it would mean that people who work or who don't have access to a computer all day could still earn (in their lunch breaks, for example). Lots of people are begging for this app, so I'm sure everybody would like to know a definitive answer.
    2014 goal £180/600
  • milo72
    milo72 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Originally Posted by milo72 viewpost.gif
    Bit In Red
    Yes,I agree.
    I am getting emails to my main email account that I used to join SBs last year. I NEVER had this problem until this past few weeks. To add insult to injury the info used to send these 3rd party emails was given on surveys which actually booted me out after getting the info,with NO sbs.
    I have never ever used my main email for offers or surveys,so the only answer is that SBs allowed 3rd parties access to it.Shame on them

er, 100 per cent no, not under any circumstances.....

and as for the suggestion that we are not paying out on offers and keeping them for ourselves, i wont even dignify it with a response.

we are aware of the issue of non crediting offers and are trying to resolve it as best as poss. we are also making progress on surveys and the issue of qualifying questions at the end. so progress is being made....

Well if you are 100% saying "NO !" then you are dealing with unscrupulous survey companies because it IS happening.
    Just two weeks ago I did a survey regarding changing our car for new.....stated the make/model we were looking to buy & my post code...GOT BOOTED OUT OF THE SURVEY ........wrong demographics ???. Yet within hours I had emails in my inbox from local dealerships selling just the car I had just stated interest in. Up until then I had given SBs the benefit of the doubt regarding spam ,but that one thing assured me that I wasn't paranoid.
    Regarding offers ..........just a few months ago I put in a ticket for a non-paying offer & I was given the third degree (albeit politely) asking why my name on the offer was different to the name SBs had for me. Well DUH! Maybe because I used my own name signing up to SBs but not prepared to throw my real name out randomly for offers worth 3p ?

AND.....page after page after page after page on here regarding non-paying offers & non-crediting surveys and lack of surveys and YOU stay hidden. Yet you get all butt-hurt & come steaming in at suggestions of dodgy 3rd party info being passed. Go figure .
    As for FB.....riiiiight. Try to get an issue resolved on there & WHOOSH the negative posts disappear and we are back to reading "Oh thank you for the 1p ....thank you SO much for giving me my honest earnings....." , sprinkled liberally with fairy dust & glitter and "WOO-HOO,let's be happy-clappy !!!"
    And since I clearly have your undivided attention ,STOP with-holding my earnings and accusing me of being a BOT !:mad:
    I am fed up having to fight for every AGV I honestly earn.
    Get it through your heads I HAVE HAD CAPTCHAS SINCE I JOINED LAST YEAR .....ALL THE TIME ....FOR EVERYTHING ! NON-STOP I had assumed this the norm till someone on here complained about suddenly getting them & the penny dropped. SBs inflicted captchas on me from day one & still do to this day ,so how in heck am I a BOT ? Why do you reduce people who earn honest money that pays your wage to begging for their earnings ? Why are my AGVs constantly with held for three weeks at a time till I have to contact your company & ask for them only to be greeted with a lecture on not using a BOT.

If you think my response a bit off then do bear in mind that yours (as others have stated) was/is not a template for how to respond to "customer care" issues.
    Read Paulshorse's posts for tips on cool, calm, collected & polite.

Also you should be signing your posts as Nick. If you are not Nick then you are sharing an account on here with Nick & I would think that against T&Cs .
  • Bananababe
    Bananababe Posts: 7,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Peanut lab survey 103 points about wines and lager and cider. 99% done and says you have completed before. Eh no I havent. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure