Anyone used Rointe heaters?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I had my electrician around last night doing a bit of work. he said he had seen a letter from Rointe about what the advertising standards people had said.

Rointe claim that they didnt provide the proof of their energy savings as they didnt know who the ASA was and they wanted to protect their technology.

Rointe are now saying that the tests prove that their heaters have 40% consumption and 60% non-consumption? I didnt really understand that bit but the electrician said that they had just put a big heater in a room that didnt need it. He actually said it was a crock of sh*t and he hadnt installed any since.

Hopefully they'll get found out again but they get to confuse people for a bit longer I suppose - naughty, naughty.

That 40%/60% statement makes no sense.

From what your electrician states, it might mean that if a room needed, say, 4kWh to maintain a temperature and you had some heaters with an maximum output of 10kW, it would only need 40% of that available power.

However the bottom line is that if any heater uses 4kWh, they all give out the same heat and cost the same amount.
  • hello i am new to the site and i believe that you should not knock new technology unless you ve tested it i have tested the rointe system against similar products and my findings were that the rointe system is 40% cheaper to run over a period of 24 hrs than any fan or oil heater i tried three different systems to keep a room at 21 deg over 24hrs and used a datalog and kw usage monitor and thats the results i came up with.

and no i don t work or install these units and have no connection with rointe at all i work with heat pumps and air con which if your building or renovating a house i really need to look at these systems for their running costs.
  • andyrpsmith
    andyrpsmith Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    powerpoint, please post your data/results so we can see.
  • powerpoint wrote: »
    hello i am new to the site and i believe that you should not knock new technology unless you ve tested it i have tested the rointe system against similar products and my findings were that the rointe system is 40% cheaper to run over a period of 24 hrs than any fan or oil heater i tried three different systems to keep a room at 21 deg over 24hrs and used a datalog and kw usage monitor and thats the results i came up with.

and no i don t work or install these units and have no connection with rointe at all i work with heat pumps and air con which if your building or renovating a house i really need to look at these systems for their running costs.

!!!!!!!!.jpg
  • i will post my results and info as soon as i get back home working away at moment and as for talking rubbish the facts speak for themselves we have the same negative ignorant comments about heat pumps but they as efficient as the company says cop s upto 5-1
  • Cardew
    powerpoint wrote: »
    i will post my results and info as soon as i get back home working away at moment and as for talking rubbish the facts speak for themselves we have the same negative ignorant comments about heat pumps but they as efficient as the company says cop s upto 5-1

If you want to post data on Heat Pumps there are loads of threads where your input will be welcomed; and ridiculed if you try and say that heat pump systems will produce COPs of 5.(you need to read some of the EST tests)

Looking forward to the data from your tests with Rointe heaters; mainly because if you maintain they give more heat output for the running costs - you are incorrect.
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 June 2011 at 4:16PM
    scotmac1 wrote: »
    I would just like to say that I have Rointe radiators installed in my house ............

Hi scotmac1!

I see no-one has welcomed you to MSE ... so WELCOME!

I see that unlike some 'newbies' you are NOT a first-time poster on Rointe radiators. Oh no, you've posted on lots of threads (about buying properties in Italy and Spain, buying Euros, getting a mortgage, ...) starting at 1024 am TODAY then posting this at 3.28 pm. 9 posts in 5 hours and 4 minutes. At this rate you'll be a Money Saving Convert by the weekend and a Money Saving Stalwart by mid-summer! Wow!

Anyway, good to hear that you are happy with your pricey Rointe radiators. Can you give us a link to some independent test reports, please? There are an awful lot of cynics on MSE who just don't believe the hype - well, the forum is not called Money Saving .. for nothing!
  • Cardew
    I would just like to say that I have Rointe radiators installed in my house and I am very happy with them. I used to have panel heaters and the difference is considerable. The panel heaters were great if I was sitting in front or on top of them but otherwise took ages to heat the room. They also tended to heat the wall rather than the room whereas with the Rointe radiators I have heat all over the room.
    Storage heaters for me were not an option as I am out all day and did not see the sense in heating my house when I was not there.

For £100 outlay you can have 10 heaters from Argos that will produce 30kW.

With that sort of output you can walk around in mid-winter in your swimming costume - or less.

Just one problem - running cost!

Now the Rointe heaters cost how much? Several hundred pounds for each oil filled radiator?

There is one thing that can be stated with absolute certainty. That is that Rointe heaters produce no more warmth/heat than any other £10/£20 heater for the same running cost.
  • Cardew
    Thanks Little Vermin, nice to feel welcome. I was told about this site by a friend who goes in every day for the competitions and freebies and I must admit it is a bit addictive.
    Regarding my heaters, I love them and don't mind paying for quality. My electrician did show me a report on tests they had done on these radiators before I bought and I was impressed as none of the other alternatives I looked at could give me any reports at all.

What sort of report were you shown? You can heat a room for xp per hour etc.

You haven't said how much you paid for the heaters?

Do you accept that they give out no more heat for the same running cost than a £10 heater from Argos?
  • Cardew
    The report he showed me was one that showed the running costs for the whole flat per month which the company provided based on the sizes of the room. I paid around 1,400 pounds for 5 radiators and a heated rail in the bathroom. I had panel heaters before and I have never had a £10 heater from Argos so can't comment on the heat generation or the running costs - can you please send me details of the running costs?

How can anyone send you running costs when we don't know the insulation standards, size of rooms, temperature required and for how long etc.

All we can say with absolute certainty is that the heat given out by £10 heaters(or any electrical heater) is exactly the same as your Rointe heaters for the same running cost.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback