PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

quick question - any uses for an old metallised ironing board cover?

I just had the a delivery from Tchibo (free p+P, I posted the code in the vouchers board) of a new ironing board cover. The old was was half way in the dusbin when I came to my senses and realised that 'this isn't an old ironing board cover it's a new........' - and came to a halt, it's a new what?

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think that's called scraping the barrel, Squeaks :)

Erm - you could sit on it and use it as a sledge - even better when you slide down the sides of hills on the long grasses. I have done this using plastic bags, but metalised ironing board cover would be the height of luxury - ooooh, shouldn't this be on the 'it used to be posh' thread :D:D
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes - I couldn't find my "tongue in cheek" smiley :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • emr_2
    emr_2 Posts: 108 Forumite
    if you know any primary school or nursery school or playgroup staff, offer it to them as material for space costume, for the dressing up box or performances.

you might also try cutting it up into sections and slotting it down behind your radiators, as insulation/reflector.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure