Mortgage Free Mini-Goals

Comments

• mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    I'm tempted but then again I don't know what to spend it on. I'm not that materialistic you see.
    I can see it going towards to mortgage but I want to be certain before I put it in there. Once it's in I will not pull it out!
  • Could be £100 mortgage. Rest spending or savings.

Failing that I have a mortgage overpayment account that will happily accept it.�� ;-)
  • mrsp1987
    edited 30 March 2016 at 2:28PM
    Thanks for the kind offer but I'm sure I can find a use for it. I think I might split it initially.
    We're going on holiday next week so that will probably cure my spending itch. Which reminds me (bizarrely) I need to enter some races (for £30 so the spending thing reminded me).
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'd happily share responsibility for minding it with you MrandMrs...!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • mrsp1987
    Well b_gger. I felt a big tired and off yesterday but just shrugged it off to being back at work after 6 days off. Today I've been feeling progressively worse especially thought this afternoon.
    My eyes feel heavy like I want to cry, I'm tired and lethargic, don't really want to be around people. Popped into a shop to reserve my space on a sewing class and while I was chatting to the woman I felt a disconnect between mind and body. Kind of like, I'm here but do t want to be here and my brain is trying to wander off. It's incredibly difficult to explain to myself too.
    I intend to go out for a run with my running club but always worry that I'm going to be the slowest and get in the way by causing problems because people have to loop back and make sure I'm okay. This lack of confidence and esteem is quite high today but I'm still going to go.
    I'm also having a few invasive thoughts. Less said about that the better and hopefully they'll just fade away like they have done in the past.

Anyway don't mean this as a total downer but I'm always very open and honest about my mental health. It's good to get it out in the open rather than holding onto it.
  • mrsp1987 wrote: »
    Some days I do not wish to interact with humans and just want to get things done via an anonymous machine.

I'm like that most days :rotfl:

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon.
  • mrsp1987
    I'm like that most days :rotfl:

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon.

Yeah should've realised something was up when I didn't want to interact with people. That's a signal. Anyway, just come back from a 4.5 mile run and after half a mile I could feel a big change. Feel pretty okay right now but will keep an eye on the situation.
    I'm going to be very kind to myself for the next few days and that includes buying some new long sleeve running tops. My fave is getting a bit iffy on the arms and my other one rides up my stomach :( not very appealing :rotfl:
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    This means I've reduced my term by 3 years and 9 months. So far. I just need to find another 10 years and 2 months wirth of saving to hit by 40th birthday goal :j:j

Whoop woop :j:j big congrats to you! Impressive reduction and very inspiring!!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've just read you're post from today. Hope you were able to get out for that run, getting a sweat on can be rewarding in itself.

Try not to be worried about being the slowest, all runners know everyone has different paces and it makes for good training to run at different speeds etc.

Someone said to me that you may be running slow but you're beating everyone who's on the sofa!

Not meaning to make light of how you're feeling though, just trying to shine a positive light xx
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • mrsp1987
    I've just read you're post from today. Hope you were able to get out for that run, getting a sweat on can be rewarding in itself.

Try not to be worried about being the slowest, all runners know everyone has different paces and it makes for good training to run at different speeds etc.

Someone said to me that you may be running slow but you're beating everyone who's on the sofa!

Not meaning to make light of how you're feeling though, just trying to shine a positive light xx

You are completely right. Sometimes just leaving the house can be a balm in itself. I did indeed go out and did 4.5 miles. The race itself is 5 miles long but I had cramp in my foot and just couldn't be !!!!!d, frankly :rotfl: 4.5 is one of the longer ones for me. The endorphins have done their job and I'm very glad I went out.
    I like the phrase "I run. I'm slower than a tortoise running through peanut butter...but I run.'
    They were very good and there was one woman who stuck with me and kept egging me on and making me run sooner than I would have when I was on a walking break. I think she's one of the race leaders for the club and coming back from injury. I think it's just in my head really.
    So I did 4.5 miles in 55.46 with an average pace of 12.23 mins per mile. It was my 7th fastest(out if 9) 4-6 mile runs. My first mile was 10.20 which is one of my faster miles.
    M1 10.20 M2 12.17 M3 11.39 M4 13.53 and M5 15.08
    First mile is downhill and about mile 3.5-5 is back uphill again. Not steep but there is an incline.

Sometimes you just get a bit of cloud descending for no particular reason. I know this. ive had depression on and off for over 4 years but every time you get a dip you still wonder why. And then sometimes it passes just as quickly as it arrives. Just like the British weather :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure