***** Aldi super six offers *****

Comments

• sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Lynsey wrote: »
    Thanks sb44, I'll get all of that I think - great selection.
    3 weeks then??

Lynsey

Not sure Lynsey, just passed on details from HUKD but some say the offer normally lasts until into the new year.

Don't forget folks, you can keep potatoes for months if you store them in a cool area in the dark.

I used to end up throwing tons away as they either went green or started sprouting in the veg rack.

I now keep them in the shed in one of those cardboard fruit boxes from Aldi/Lidl, an old towel over the top to keep them in the dark.

Along with the onions hung up and knotted in old pairs of tights/pop socks (showing my age), which will keep for up to 8 months in the shed.

;)
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    ooh good six. all of these willl be utilised :).
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • sb44 wrote: »

Don't forget folks, you can keep potatoes for months if you store them in a cool area in the dark.

I used to end up throwing tons away as they either went green or started sprouting in the veg rack.

I now keep them in the shed in one of those cardboard fruit boxes from Aldi/Lidl, an old towel over the top to keep them in the dark.
    Along with the onions hung up and knotted in old pairs of tights/pop socks (showing my age), which will keep for up to 8 months in the shed.

;)

For anyone who hasn't a dark shed or garage for storing veg I can recommend the black lined potato and onion bags from Poundland. For a pound each I wasn't expecting miracles, but they actually do keep spuds fresher for a lot longer!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hmmm, the potatoes are not a particularly great deal, only 1.5kg, when previous specials have been 2.5kg. Admittedly they're the 'Specially Selected' brand, but I'm not sure I believe they'll be in any way superior to the bog standard ones.
    Stompa
  • sb44
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Stompa wrote: »
    Hmmm, the potatoes are not a particularly great deal, only 1.5kg, when previous specials have been 2.5kg. Admittedly they're the 'Specially Selected' brand, but I'm not sure I believe they'll be in any way superior to the bog standard ones.

Yes but what type were the 2.5kg bags?

Maris Piper are supposed to be one of if not the best potatoes especially for chipping and mashing, they tend to be more expensive than other potatoes.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sb44 wrote: »
    Yes but what type were the 2.5kg bags?

Maris Piper are supposed to be one of if not the best potatoes especially for chipping and mashing, they tend to be more expensive than other potatoes.
    Sorry I should have been more explicit, the 2.5kg bags were Maris Piper too (also at 69p).
    Stompa
  • sb44
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Stompa wrote: »
    Sorry I should have been more explicit, the 2.5kg bags were Maris Piper too (also at 69p).

Not such a good offer this week then compared to that one.

Thanks for the info.

;)
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi anyone know what the offers are today?
  • delhome
    delhome Posts: 124 Forumite
    Salad potatoes
    Little gem lettuce
    Cucumber
    spring onions
    Celery
    Cherry tomatoes
    All 49p
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks, willgo tomorrow and stock up as have used the last of the salad earlier to make a prawn cocktail starter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure