Best deal on 8ft trampoline + enclosure?

Comments

• nmbash
    nmbash Posts: 73 Forumite
    Think the difference is because of the amount of springs and the size of springs. Seems it makes a difference in the bounce :-)

Now I don't know what to do ? I did post another message to see if the spring size really makes a difference but noone one replied :confused:
  • Hi. I think you are right that the difference is the springs. Its not easy trying to make a decision, my mum & dad are buying the trampoline as a present for my son so I have given them all the prices and facts and have given them the decision! Good luck and thanks again for your help

Caz
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    As a qualified trampolining coach I have strong reservations about domestic trampolines and it is my personal and professional recommendation that you consider enrolling your child in an organised trampolining class or club. Advantages of this are that they will then be able to learn new moves safely in a controlled environment and under qualified supervision which will reduce the risk of injury and allow them to progress and learn moves which they couldn't do safely on garden trampoline. Also please be aware that whilst there are British Standards in place for commercial trampolines and for club and competition trampolines there are no relevant safety standards for those sold for domestic use. Furthermore trampolining clubs ensure their trampolines undergo regular professional inspection and maintenance.

If you do buy a garden trampoline then you should supervise your child on it at all times and should not permit them to somersault/"flip" under any circumstance. I would strongly recommend use of a safety enclosure and that the trampoline should be sited on an energy absorbing surface such as long grass regardless of whether an enclosure is present and there should be a clear, unobstructed fall area of ideally not less than 2.5 metres around the perimeter. There should be no overhanging obstructions such as tree branches in the area of the trampoline. Children must be taught never to go under the trampoline while someone else is on it. You should not allow more than one child to use the trampoline at any one time. Children should not bounce while wearing jewelery.

There are a couple of useful sites I suggest anyone who has or is thinking of getting a garden trampoline takes a look at. The Royal society for Prevention of Accidents has a factsheet and The British Gymnastics Association has published a Statement on Garden Trampolines which includes safety guidelines.

Re. The difference between different brands with different prices: It is likely the more expensive ones will have a higher spec but most websites don't provide comprehensive specifications so it is pretty much impossible to make a proper comparison. One difference may be the padding. A more expensive trampoline might have thicker and more robust frame padding which would offer more protection and last better. I notice a lot of people asking where to get replacement frame padding on here so it seems to be a particular problem. The springs make a big difference. More springs gives a better bounce. The reputation of the manufacturer seems to have a big impact on the price too. Since there are no safety standards in place for this type of trampoline the good name of the manufacturer is the only quality assurance the buyer has so companies with established backgrounds in gymnastics equipment manufacture or even activity toy manufacture can charge a premium over companies without such experience.
  • Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me, I really appreciate it. I really want to make sure that we buy the best one we can afford. Your email is very useful. Thanks again
  • http://www.ebuyer.com/trampolines

I am currently looking at the 10ft trampoline with enclosure and I was wondering, whether it looks a good quality trampoline or not. It is the cheapest that I have seen and many reviews say the same on all of the sizes.

Also, what are the quality of the Tj Hughes 10ft trampoline and enclosure, as they are the same price as the one on ebuyer.

Help much appreciated.
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    Considering that there are no safety standards governing domestic trampolines, that they are mostly made by companies with no experience in design of gymnastics equipment and that good quality trampolines look like this and cost around £3,000 new I think it is fair to say that that does not look like a good quality trampoline and neither does anything else you're going to get for a price you are willing to pay. How it might compare to others of its ilk is pretty much impossible to say as the manufacturer does not seem to be specified but it is probably just as rubbish as most of the rest of them.
  • nmbash
    To Trampoline Frantic - I am looking at buying a trampoline as well, but personally I would not consider those that you suggested on ebuyer because the enclosure is not on the outside of the trampoline hence you are getting less bouncing space. Also, the springs are probably less than 64.
  • nmbash
    Kittiwoz - so apart from TP what other companies make good quality trampolines ? There are so many on Ebay it is difficult to choose.
  • nmbash wrote: »
    To Trampoline Frantic - I am looking at buying a trampoline as well, but personally I would not consider those that you suggested on ebuyer because the enclosure is not on the outside of the trampoline hence you are getting less bouncing space. Also, the springs are probably less than 64.

I heard though, that the weakest part of a trampoline is the outside of the frame, rather than the inside. It being on the outside would weaken the trampoline and shorten the trampoline's longetivity.

The number of springs is 60. S
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Trampoline and enclosure was £97ish today in B+Q...definitely sub £100 for both
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport