can you claim disability allowence and still work full time

Comments

• back to that tartan blanket woman!!! or then again.........
    : )
  • back to that tartan blanket woman!!! or then again.........
    : )
    Does it have to be tartan?
    s/e
  • Does it have to be tartan?
    well mine is checked...........but has no red or green anywhere
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    a checked blanket? No green or red? You'd better watch, you'll be getting shopped for benefit fraud in a minute.
  • GlasweJen wrote: »
    a checked blanket? No green or red? You'd better watch, you'll be getting shopped for benefit fraud in a minute.
    Oh @rse, I suppose I'd better ask for one for Christmas then.
    s/e
  • Peapod2
    Peapod2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    what is wrong with the boards these days? Another one asking if she should 'shop' her next door neighbour somewhere?? What a small minded petty attitude some folks have these days.....don't see/hear the most god awful abuse when it happens under their noses - but ye gods if somebody gets a motability car....

But I myself am disabled (serious orthopaedic problems, chronic vertigo, circulatory problems, oh and not forgetting a brain tumour. So I do have the right to complain if someone is fleecing the system especially if one day they will class us all the same....scroungers who don't deserve it.
  • but we all get lumped together are scroungers anyway - have a look at the discussion board ...sorry but I strongly disagree with someone ringing up and reporting her own next door neighbour. Scroungers will always be with us. I think if they put as much effort into legitimate work as they do faking it they would do very well.
  • Peapod2 wrote: »
    But I myself am disabled (serious orthopaedic problems, chronic vertigo, circulatory problems, oh and not forgetting a brain tumour. So I do have the right to complain if someone is fleecing the system especially if one day they will class us all the same....scroungers who don't deserve it.

depends if they really are fleecing the system or not....with only bits and pieces of factual information it is impossible for me to make a judgement call and i would hate to give someone the stress of having to go through a fraud investigation unless i was 100 percent sure they were fleecing. likewise i would hate to make a judgement and assume they would see me as a scrounger. besides which, even if thye did, why should i stoop to their level of ignorance by making assumptions and judgements about them?
  • Peapod2
    Peapod2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    depends if they really are fleecing the system or not....with only bits and pieces of factual information it is impossible for me to make a judgement call and i would hate to give someone the stress of having to go through a fraud investigation unless i was 100 percent sure they were fleecing. likewise i would hate to make a judgement and assume they would see me as a scrounger. besides which, even if thye did, why should i stoop to their level of ignorance by making assumptions and judgements about them?

I am afraid I would never report anyone, I know that might be wrong but I just couldn't.
  • having never been in a situation where i could say with 100% certainity that i knew someone was claiming falsely i never have, im not really sure i could either.

i felt bad enough when i reported aneighbout to the rspca, and i only did that because i couldnt stnad by and watch her pets be neglected and no ammount of intervention/suggestions from me made any difference. but that involved another living beings welfare.

a friend of mince got reported for benefit fraud by her neighbour, purely out of spite because they ahd an argument...she was a genuine claimant and a visit and few questions cleared it up, but was horrible for her in the time it took to sort.

i really do think that the government and medias focus on fraudsters is wrong, very, very wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure