Clearscore

Comments

• ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    Good point.

The ball is in your court Clearscore Strangely quiet so far, however.

We use the income data to help match offers to your profile within the ‘My offers’ section. Our financial product offers are personalized to your specific financial situation and we always want to suggest offers that are right for you. We never share your contact details with third parties, and all of your data is protected using the latest 256-bit encryption to ensure your information stays secure.

Hope this helps.

Lucy from ClearScore
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    Has anyone got the email regarding the clearscore customer panel starting tomorrow if so are we allowed to talk about it on here?

The clearscore rep seems to be a regular on this forum if you could reply and let me know.

Hi @older_wiser,

Thank you for checking with us before posting. This is a private test, so we would appreciate it if you could refrain from posting about it on public forums until our features have been tested and are available publicly.

Thanks again and we hope you enjoy the customer panel,

Lucy from ClearScore
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2015 at 1:59PM
    ClearScore wrote: »
    . . . and all of your data is protected using the latest 256-bit encryption to ensure your information stays secure.
    Hope this helps.
    Lucy from ClearScore
    Well, not really.

We are all (mostly) aware that https access to our reports is protected by 256-bit encryption but the question we really want answered is whether the data stored on your server is in encrypted form. i.e. if a hacker downloaded personal data from your server, would the downloaded data be encrypted so that the data could not be read?

I hope our concerns are now a little clearer.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Hi
    Realised that my 17-year-old current account is missing on my Clearscore credit report. Is it a common practice that they exclude old current accounts in the report or is it a mistake?
    Thanks.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    than_prutt wrote: »
    Hi
    Realised that my 17-year-old current account is missing on my Clearscore credit report. Is it a common practice that they exclude old current accounts in the report or is it a mistake?
    Thanks.

Most likely that the bank does not report to Equifax, or with an account of that age any CRA for that matter.

This link explains by Experian, but that reason covers any CRA http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/questions/askjames217.html
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Consumerist
    than_prutt wrote: »
    . . . Is it a common practice that they exclude old current accounts in the report or is it a mistake?
    It would seem that accounts older than 10 years are not automatically included. I have an old current account which isn't included in my report.

I agree that this is really strange. Long-held accounts are supposed to be a positive factor in your report so why exclude them if they are still regularly used.

I bet it would soon show up if I defaulted on it, however.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Same thing probably. Current accounts opened 10 (ish) years or more are often not reported to the CRAs in normal operation.

You may be able to request that they do by giving consent now, but depends on the bank.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Consumerist
    fermi wrote: »
    This link explains by Experian, but that reason covers any CRA http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/questions/askjames217.html
    Thanks for link fermi.

The explanation looks like BS to me. Since when have banks refrained from changing their Ts&Cs when it suits them and then imposing the change if you don't close the account.
  • Thanks for the help. Will ask the bank on Monday and wait for an answer from Clearscore too!!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    UPDATE.

As some of you know a credit search was carried out by Everest Ltd without my knowledge. I contacted them and they only suggested they may have been hacked as a few other people had the same issue. I took this up with Equifax and received the following response.

hank you for your recent telephone call 03/12/2015. I am sorry to learn that you’re unhappy with search information in the name of Everest Ltd on on your credit report. I've completed a full review of your complaint according to our complaint managing procedure, which you can read here.

My understanding of your complaint
    Searches done in the name of Everest Ltd may have been carried out by hackers and they now have access to your details.

Our investigation and findings
    I can confirm that searches were done in error in the name of Everest Ltd and these have now been removed from your Credit Report. A new Credit Report has been created for you to view this update. Access to your details has not been given out to anyone. I apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
    Unquote.

Still very confused.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport