The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread! Part 3

Comments

• noynoy
    noynoy Posts: 380 Forumite
    not af for me feel rotton today and i have a kids party to organise for tommorrow 2 cakes to make so shall not be drinking tonight i need a clear head!

morning and how lovely it is too ..almost puts me int he mood for housework..well almost
    total debt 4711.00 at lbm (4217.31) dfd aug 2012 :eek: overdraft 800 (400.00) kill overdraft first, loan 1500.00 ,creditcard 2411.00
  • Needstochange
    Needstochange Posts: 417 Forumite
    1 for me too please Budgie
    1 journal entry too (for my "better me" challenge)

Well done you maman. I always think a friday or Saturday AF should be double the points value:o Acutally thinking about it those rules could get BHB racing ahead of MP:rotfl: Its lovely and sunny here today which explains me up at this unearthly hour. Could be a garden day if this sun continues which would be nice

noy noy forget the housework and enjoy the sun and the bank holiday :)
    29th Feb Quit Day :j
  • Different_Corner
    Different_Corner Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Noynoy
    I know what you mean re housework, as the sun highlights my kitchen window ..oh dear.(I would say streaming through my kitchen window, but that's not the case lol)
    This will be day 6 for me, the longest since August 2006. I've found a change in routines and habits has helped loads, eating earlier is one change, but I've also cut red meat from my diet.
    I'm drinking bucketfuls of tea, and lots of baths. Feeling more relaxed.
    Just wish I found kicking the nicotene easier.
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • 40somethingmum
    40somethingmum Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Happy Sunny Saturday everyone :j

BB - please put me down for 1AFD. :j:j

If I ever needed an incentive to give up drinking here it is :

Last night the TV was on and my 7 yr old son seemed to be engrossed in what was happening in the news ( mighty unusual ! ) . He turned to me with a very worried expression on his face, bottom lip quivering and said

" MUM YOU DO YOU THINK YOU WILL DIE OF WINE FLU " . Bless.

Have a lovely day everyone .

40SM:o
  • lillibet_dripping
    lillibet_dripping Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    Morning all!
    What a glorious day - must plant some more lettuce and carrots and maybe a few more beetroot. I am going for steady supply this year rather than a glut:rolleyes:

BB - 1 AF day for me please:j And it was a Friday:T

I am feeling really positive about May. I spent last night going through my finances with a fine toothcomb and although I have followed all Martin's advice since my lb moment at New Year, the grocery budgeting had gone a bit off track. When I went back through my spending diary for April I had a real shock:eek: I think the new job and the house sale obviously have a lot to do with it, but the AF days allow me to savour, and remember, the feel-good factor.

Hope you all have a relaxing Saturday.
    x
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • mollypolly
    mollypolly Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Good morning everyone.
    What a beautiful day.

I was so busy yesterday that I didnt have time to come on and you all ran away:rolleyes: but I searched and searched until I found you again.

Healthy eating didnt get off to a good start yesterday...had lunch with DD2 (its her birthday today) and also had cake:eek:....so will be realllllllllllllly good today:D
    Everyone seems so positive on here now:j:j...keep up the good work and have a lovely day.
    Love Mollypollyxxxx
    :happylove :happylove
    I'm back!!!!
    DMP starts 1st July 2015:T
    Dfd March 2021 (hoping to get there sooner )
    DMP mutual support group number 444
    Proud to be dealing with my debts at last :j
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Thought you'd all snuck off without me :eek: found you all eventually.

Still on the blocks today.... and for a couple more I think. Gear up for Monday

Hope we're all well this fine morning :D

:idea: EDIT: Lurkio, is your big secret thing something musical?

:j :j :j :j :j :j ;)

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lurks, how'd it go?
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Lurks, how'd it go?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :j

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 2 May 2009 at 9:16AM
    Morning all :wave:

Welcome Price Is Right, it's a great thread to belong to, although they are all nuts....I'm not....just them, bless em ;)

AF day no 1 done and dusted. It was very very hard :eek: :eek: Nearly caved at numerous moments. OH went out and DD1 was out babysitting so I was.....home alone...:eek: :eek:

First problem I encountered was the fact that it was a friday, then the fact that it was the beginning of a Bank Holiday Weekend, then that the weather was going to be nice, then I was home alone......then.....my internet wasn't working :mad: :mad: after spending the whole weekend last week with no internet, there was no way on earth I was going to do it again, so spent half the evening on the phone to Virgin's call centres in India trying to get it sorted. The first 3 calls I made they insisted I could only get it fixed if they arranged for an engineer to call, which would be sometime next week (when we're all at work :rolleyes:). I decided I was going to ring constantly until I found a person that would help me fix it over the phone, call no. 4 was the lovely Ryan (that's what it sounded like, probably wasn't spelt like that), a guy that lives in a little village just outside bombay, has a lovely wife (apparently) and 4 kids and it was 1am over there and he fixed it for me :A he was lovely and took the time to sort out my problem. Problem was, by the time he got it working it was bedtime :rolleyes:

So internet working today :) sunny weather :) got a mystery shop planned :) and all is good :)

Quick question for those in the know....I'm going to H&B today, I'm going to look at milk thistle, are there different types, which should I get? Do they sell Vit B compound anyone know?? I know we are not docs and not giving medical advice etc etc.. but it saves me googling ;)

Oh also, 40SM I think it was...with the Kudzu tablets, just break them in half, they are easier to swallow :)

xx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure