Current Account not showing on credit report

I use the following CRA's ;

ClearScore (using Equifax data)
noddle
Experian

None of these list my current account (with barclays). I have asked each CRA to do whatever is necessary to show this on my report, but they all come back saying they find no record of the account.

I have been on to barclays, and they say this is normal?

This is my main account. Its where my salary goes in, and all my direct debits go out.

Ive had this account for approx. 25 years and its managed well.

I would like this to be on my report, as otherwise I do not have much on my report to represent my money managing.

Any advice?

Comments

• It's not uncommon for current accounts not to show - certainly if you don't have an overdraft.

It will have little impact in any case, as no DDs or balance will show. Just a flat zero balance account.

Get a credit card if you need to build history.
  • Ok, no problem.

I just found it strange that I previously had a dormant current account with barclays (now closed) which DID show up on my report, yet my main current account did not, yet there both with the same bank. Wondered if it was anything to do with the age of the account (the dormant one was about 10 years old), maybe old accounts (20+ years) are not automatically enrolled to submit information to CRAs.
  • Older accounts don't generally have permission to report.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Jimmy_Boy wrote: »
    maybe old accounts (20+ years) are not automatically enrolled to submit information to CRAs.
    I seem to remember 1998 was the year that changed, due to the DPA?
  • Thanks for the advice guys.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I seem to remember 1998 was the year that changed, due to the DPA?

Correct.

I believe there is a way to give permission via some form or other but don't be surprised if branch staff/CS have no idea what you're talking about if you ask.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,823
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 18 September 2017 at 3:46PM
    Hi Credit-Express,

What is the position regarding a credit card that does not appear?

Also, do you work for Credit Express or is that merely your user name. If it is the former, who are Credit Express and what they do?

Edited Mon 18 Sept: The user Credit-Express has been deleted so my post now does not make much sense. I appreciate that they were an unauthorised commercial user but their answers did appear to be quite useful. Fortunately I remember the answers that they posted.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    Older accounts don't generally have permission to report.

I know this is often said but I have not encountered this. I have 30+ year old current account and two 20+ year old credit card accounts all of which are reported normally.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    All it would show would be you have a current account at 0 balance for 20 years, would it have much impact or any at all? It doesn't matter whether there was £1 balance and stagnant for all that time or always over £1000 with multiple DD's, your CRA reports are about how you use credit and your risk for new credit.

From a search in the forum ....
    The NatWest issue is common to most banks and relates to accounts opened before consent was regularly obtained (through the T&Cs) to share full data as opposed to just defaults, which was once the norm. Now I know that some banks will allow you to provide consent now re old accounts which enables them to start sharing data on your accounts. Just doublecheck with NatWest that they can't do this. There's a chance that whoever you spoke to wasn't particularly clued up on this issue so perhaps you could ask to speak with someone more senior.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3373420#8
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport