Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Rovergb wrote: »
    Account No. 0005415450
    My contract started on the 16th May an I have already mentioned the difficulty in submitting my start reading. It's the ninetieth day now and I've heard nothing from Greenstar to confirm that all is correct.
    My start readings on the 16th May were. Gas 736 Electric 2461
    Today the 14th August they are. Gas 768 Electric 3144
    Using the app to submit these figures it said the gas was my first reading and to check it. I entered the 16th May reading of 736 and it was accepted the reading was accepted but obviously it's three months down the line and todays gas reading has not gone in.
    The electric was accepted although it said my previous reading was 2652, I've no idea where this figure came from.
    GG Energy took the supposedly final bill amount from my bank account a while ago but the gas reading was overstated. I would like to know when all this will be sorted out.
    A prompt response with this issue being resolved would be great although I'm not holding my breath.
    Hi Rovergb,

I would like to apologise for the shortfall in customer service that you have experienced.

I have taken a look into your account in order to resolve your issue. The meter reads that were entered onto your account caused an error in our system. I have now fixed this issue and your meter reads have now been uploaded to your account.

In addition to this your bill has now been generated for your first billing quarter and will be with you via email by the end of the day.

If you do need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at mse@mygreenstarenergy.com.

Thank you,
    Megan
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Inverchaolain
    Inverchaolain Posts: 9 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 24 August 2017 at 11:50AM
    It is now 100 days since Green Star took over my gas and electricity supply so I thought it would be nice to take stock of where we are.

The closing reading from my previous gas supplier was 0873. Green Star's initial reading is 8087. Green Star's initial reading for electricity is 00000 and having just read my meter the current reading is 79537. When calculated out this would produce a combined bill for £18,265.

Green Star acknowledged the correct initial gas reading in an email months ago. Apparently my electricity meter was manually read and then entered into the "system" incorrectly as 00000.

Numerous phone calls and raising an official complaint has had zero effect. My only recourse now is to wait until the complaint has ended its 8 week period allowed for Green Star to fix this and then go to the Energy Ombudsman.

I am also deeply disappointed with MSE. I am saddened that given the number of people who have posted issues on this forum there has been no comment from MSE. I accept that things go wrong (or drastically wrong in this case) and that the fault lies with Green Star, however as the arranger of the switch contract MSE have a moral responsibility to try and help their members who are experiencing problems with a company MSE recommended.
  • Just had a bizarre call from Green Star asking if an open complaint I have with them could be closed if they promise to fix the issue. I pointed out that my in my experience (20 years with IBM) complaints were usually only closed when the issue had actually been resolved and the customer agrees that the issue is resolved.

Apparently Green Star operate a policy of an "agreed resolution" being sufficient to close the case. This looks very like a policy to make complaint resolution statistics look good whilst buying more time to sort the actual issue.

This may also affect the customers position if they approach the Energy Ombudsman after waiting the statutory 8 weeks from raising a complaint. Green Star could turn round and point the complaint was closed with the customers agreement potentially requiring the customer to raise a new complaint and reset the 8 week resolution clock.
  • Worst company that I have ever dealt with. Problems still ongoing (and multiplying ) after over three months. Never reply to E-mails. Problem after problem with password suddenly being "incorrect" for no apparent reason. My old supplier tells me that they have not had a validated Gas meter read from Greenstar yet, despite my supplying reads on switch date as requested. Greenstar Energy JUST DON'T CARE about customer service. Thanks for that MSE. It was the first and definitely the last time that I join a collective switch You will be telling us to book tickets on the Titanic next. See you all by the lifeboats.

• I am also deeply disappointed with MSE. I am saddened that given the number of people who have posted issues on this forum there has been no comment from MSE. I accept that things go wrong (or drastically wrong in this case) and that the fault lies with Green Star, however as the arranger of the switch contract MSE have a moral responsibility to try and help their members who are experiencing problems with a company MSE recommended.

So true and well said......I joined the MSE club at the start but let several deals go by as I was sceptical, trust me to jump on the bandwagon just as a wheel falls off. But as you say, scandalous that MSE have remained tight lipped on this debacle.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    roygrayson wrote: »
    Worst company that I have ever dealt with. Problems still ongoing (and multiplying ) after over three months. Never reply to E-mails. Problem after problem with password suddenly being "incorrect" for no apparent reason. My old supplier tells me that they have not had a validated Gas meter read from Greenstar yet, despite my supplying reads on switch date as requested. Greenstar Energy JUST DON'T CARE about customer service. Thanks for that MSE. It was the first and definitely the last time that I join a collective switch You will be telling us to book tickets on the Titanic next. See you all by the lifeboats.

Hi roygrayson,

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our customer service.

If you would like further assistance please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com, one of our advisers will be more than happy to help.

Thank you,
    Megan
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Berisford wrote: »
    So true and well said......I joined the MSE club at the start but let several deals go by as I was sceptical, trust me to jump on the bandwagon just as a wheel falls off. But as you say, scandalous that MSE have remained tight lipped on this debacle.

Hi Berisford,

I would like to apologise that you feel this way regarding MSE. I am unable to comment for them however I would like to help in restoring the customer service you have received from Green Star Energy.

If you have a specific issue/query and would like further help please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com. Alternatively please do not hesitate on sending us feedback on what you think we are able to improve on, we would appreciate this.

Thank you,
    Megan
  • lamanva
    lamanva Posts: 13 Forumite
    Since I received my first bill from Green Star, on 23 August, I have not been able to sign in to my account. I have been stuck in a loop, even though I have phoned Green Star 4 times.

I sign in using my email and password – the next screen asks for my account number, telephone number and postcode. I put these in and get the message “Account already registered to a different user name”. I have reset my password five times. I still get the same message.

I have another email but I used the email Green Star used to send me my bill, although surprisingly GS have told me that the email used for messages is not necessary the same as the sign-in email. GS have since confirmed that my hotmail email is the sign-in mail.

I have tried using my other email but that does not get me pass the login screen.

Please advise
  • lamanva
    lamanva Posts: 13 Forumite
    i sent a copy of my green star complaint to msn@mygreenstarenergy.com and got a reply within two minutes with remedy that has worked. Very impressed
  • I've had a really frustrating experience with Green Star and would advise you to steer clear unless you have hours to waste on the phone with them sorting it out. I switched through TenantShop at the end of February, lured in by cheap prices, and set up a direct debit for both gas and electric.

No bills sent until the first quarter had passed which is fine - but after this time I received no bills. Called up - customer service were perfectly helpful, said they'll send one over, and that there had been a problem switching my gas so they'll sort that ASAP.

No bills received for another month so after another call, another friendly customer service rep seemed confused by why this was the case, refunded me my credit and reduced my DD so I wasn't paying for both fuels needlessly, saying my gas would be set up within 7 days.

Now it's August, and I still have had no bills. Just called up again to request, and been told that my gas is STILL not changed over. Nobody is sure who's been providing my gas for these past months, but it's not Green Star - and nobody bothered to let me know.

Communication has been terrible - late response to emails, I only get anywhere by spending time and money on the phone.

Oh, I'm also moving out at the end of the month and they've just told me I'll still be paying the £30 termination fee (per fuel) despite not actually them having ever supplied me with gas.

Not worth the effort!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure