tesco ten pound voucher for a fiver hushhush online

Comments

• MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Hi Cloudy-Day

We recently emailed some customers to say they had un-subscribed from Mighty Deals after they purchased our £10 Tesco Gift Card offer for £5. We made a mistake and would like to apologise. some customers were unsubscribed in error.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst these duplicate accounts, some accounts were unsubscribed in error. We sold over 16,000 Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Cards, over 11,000 customers will receive their redemption link on May 15th as confirmed in our deal terms. Over 4,500 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, or two per household.

Accounts unsubscribed in error have been reinstated with immediate effect and these customers will still receive their Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Again, please do accept our apologies for any confusion we have caused. It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers.

Thank you
    MD
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Mightydeals rep, please answer this to me.

Myself, my partner and our daughter all had our deal cancelled.

We all have genuine accounts with you that have been held for a considerable time and only applied for one each.

Where did it say no more than two per household. I only saw one per person?
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 May 2015 at 3:55PM
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Mightydeals rep, please answer this to me.

Myself, my partner and our daughter all had our deal cancelled.

We all have genuine accounts with you that have been held for a considerable time and only applied for one each.

Where did it say no more than two per household. I only saw one per person?

According to posts in the thread on the "It's gone but was it any good" board, the original T &Cs didn't, however, it has been suggested on that thread too, that changes were made to T &Cs after purchase.

I am also waiting a reply from MD rep on the other thread, albeit for a different cancellation reason.
    butterfly )i(
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning Doc N.

Apologies that you are not happy with the service you have received. Please forward your voucher code over which ypou are having issues with, and I will happily investigate this for you.

Regards
    MD

I am now totally confused - I tried to use the five pound voucher sent in the apology and it says: Total £5.00 Mighty Cash available
    *£5 must be spent on orders over £0!!!! doesn't make sense yet again. I give up!
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Our family ordered 4 between us as no mention of 2 per household or whatever at the time. Received emails cancelling them all as it was two per household well that was their excuse.:mad: why not just cancel two then was my innocent reply twice I may add. Still waiting for a reply and an explanation. I won't let this go.:mad:
  • cloudy-day
    cloudy-day Posts: 245 Forumite
    Hi Cloudy-Day

We recently emailed some customers to say they had un-subscribed from Mighty Deals after they purchased our £10 Tesco Gift Card offer for £5. We made a mistake and would like to apologise. some customers were unsubscribed in error.

We have experienced a large number of duplicate accounts being made to purchase multiple Tesco Gift Cards. In amongst these duplicate accounts, some accounts were unsubscribed in error. We sold over 16,000 Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Cards, over 11,000 customers will receive their redemption link on May 15th as confirmed in our deal terms. Over 4,500 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, or two per household.

Accounts unsubscribed in error have been reinstated with immediate effect and these customers will still receive their Tesco £10 for £5 Gift Card redemption link on May 15th. No further action is required.

Again, please do accept our apologies for any confusion we have caused. It has always been in our best interest to offer our 50% off the High Street deals to genuine customers.

Thank you
    MD

Sounds great. I have the email from you saying you were mistaken and I would get the £10 Tesco Voucher.

Guess what? No voucher, £5 refund AND no £5 credit to my account!!

It would be impossible for you to have got this more wrong. :mad:
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    cloudy-day wrote: »
    Sounds great. I have the email from you saying you were mistaken and I would get the £10 Tesco Voucher.

Guess what? No voucher, £5 refund AND no £5 credit to my account!!

It would be impossible for you to have got this more wrong. :mad:

See my post #190 on thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5225221&page=10#topofpage as it seems my deal has not been reinstated either and refund was actually processed on 13th, despite an ongoing open ticket with MD customer services re the matter.
    butterfly )i(
  • Gan
    Gan Posts: 328 Forumite
    Not received my £10 yet.....
  • sidler73
    sidler73 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have my voucher :cool::beer:
  • sidler73 wrote: »
    I have my voucher :cool::beer:

I would check your balance on the Tesco Giftcard site before you get too excited as everyone on the other thread seems to have been given the exact same card number - I have just checked mine and this seems to be the case as the balance is zero :( they have a LOT of explaining to do
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure