Positives from yesterday....
    - managed a 2 mile run
    - cleared all finance paperwork and now neatly in a file
    - worked out i've cleared over 45k of debt in 5 years :D
    - spruced the house
    - caught up on some chill out time :p
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    So far so good today. Productive day at work (still working), healthy eating been ok. So far -

Breakfast - bowl of special K
    Lunch - small portions of beans on toast (1 slice)
    Snacks - small bowl of oats and yogurt and some blueberries

Not sure what i'll have for dinner. Aiming for another run this evening or my exercise dvd. Shall see what the weather is like and time left after work etc.

Nothing new on money front. Feeling organised so that's something. Just got to wait until payday now and do the figures.

Choc x
  • Hello :-) may I join?
    After two children I had around 2 stone to lose two years ago, managed to do it in about four months just by eating a little less but exercising every day. Now am six months into a new job which has left me no time to take care of what I eat or exercise and feeling extremely flabby and out of shape...
    I've probably got about a stone to lose max but it's more about feeing tones and healthy :j
    thanks for listening x
    'How glorious it is to be an exception....' proud to be a mathematician ;)

Make £10 a day in January: £212.61/£310

1% at a time: 29% (1% = £7.33)
    Weight loss: 0.5kg/8.5kg
  • pleasedelete
    pleasedelete Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well I intend to lose 2.5 stone (put on after recent op) and pay off £40k of debt (acquired following you renovation in past few months- interest free until 2014 but hopefully gone long before then.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • Choc-addict
    Hello :-) may I join?
    After two children I had around 2 stone to lose two years ago, managed to do it in about four months just by eating a little less but exercising every day. Now am six months into a new job which has left me no time to take care of what I eat or exercise and feeling extremely flabby and out of shape...
    I've probably got about a stone to lose max but it's more about feeing tones and healthy :j
    thanks for listening x

Please do honeypisquared - I need all the motivation I can get. A stone would suit me fine although i'm aiming to get under the 10st mark as that'll be a first in years! :)

It is hard sometimes with life getting in the way but we should be kinder to ourselves I think and take care. Exercise is key for me as I love food too much so can't just rely on a good old diet :rotfl:
    Well I intend to lose 2.5 stone (put on after recent op) and pay off £40k of debt (acquired following you renovation in past few months- interest free until 2014 but hopefully gone long before then.

Wow pleasedelete - two good goals there! With determination i'm sure you'll get there. I can't wait to be debt and weight free :D
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hiya,

You have inspired me to get the 30 Day Shred DVD :j I LOVE the Biggest Loser (USA) and have heard great things about Jillians DVD. I lost 2st in 2011 and have put it all back on in 2012 :mad:

I have kept ALL of my WW stuff so I'm doing it myself without paying a subscription.

Oh yes.. and I plan to try and get rid of our debt as quickly as possible :o

Naomi x
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • Choc-addict
    Naomim wrote: »
    Hiya,

You have inspired me to get the 30 Day Shred DVD :j I LOVE the Biggest Loser (USA) and have heard great things about Jillians DVD. I lost 2st in 2011 and have put it all back on in 2012 :mad:

I have kept ALL of my WW stuff so I'm doing it myself without paying a subscription.

Oh yes.. and I plan to try and get rid of our debt as quickly as possible :o

Naomi x

Hi Naomi :wave:

It really is a good dvd and progressive so you build on your fitness. I have two of her dvd's now. If you've lost it before you can do it again i'm sure!

Your sig looks fab in debt department. I sometimes think weight and money (for me) is linked. When I get down about it I eat or spend....silly cycle to get in that I am determined to get out of!!

Choc x
  • Choc-addict
    Morning diary!

Feeling very motivated today as feeling good from 2 days of exercise.

Yesterday -
    Ate well
    Worked hard
    Completed another 2 mile run (couldn't get dvd to work :mad:)
    3 short walks with the pooch....all helps! ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Todays goals -

No spend day
    Eat Well
    Work hard (loads to clear after being off)
    Exercise - hopefully dvd if I can get it to work. Dvd player works just connection to tv playing up?? Hubby going to sort it today for me as was working fine on Tues??
    Spruce of house (perhaps take down decs if time this eve)

Off to grab a cuppa and some breakfast then its all work work work...

Oh, just remembered i've booked neck/shoulder and back massage for my lunch break. I got a voucher for my bday from my sister. Oooooh...very excited now :j

Choc x
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Naomi :wave:

I sometimes think weight and money (for me) is linked. When I get down about it I eat or spend....silly cycle to get in that I am determined to get out of!!

Choc x

Morning,

I agree with this. I also spend less when I am losing weight as I tend to bring more lunches to work and plan our meals so everything comes down!

TBH our debt probably should have been almost cleared by now but I have a terrible habit of sticking my head in the sand for a couple of months then having to drag myself back out again.:mad:

Hope you enjoy your massage.

Naomi x
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • Choc-addict
    Naomin - I think we're all like it so don't worry. It took me ages to get my backside into gear and I now finally feel like i'm on the home straight. Have you ordered the dvd yet?

Night of sorting and tidying for me. Passed on the exercise as walked to salon where I had massage and under estimated just how far it was. Ended up having a good 20 min power walk/run uphill just to make it on time, have had 2 dog walks and obviously the walk back from the salon so me thinks i've done enough. That and the cleaning i've done this evening = my version of exercise for the day :0)

Sooooooo glad its Friday tomorrow. Have overtime the weekend but only on Sunday and it's my Monday off next week so a nice long weekend.

On another note i've found a new motivation for money.....A NEW HOUSE!!! I've just seen the perfect house for hubby and I to settle in (a family home for when (if we're luck enough) to have children and it's only 2 min walk from our house we are in now :(:(:( If only I were six months to a year down the line we'd be able to consider the move. Hey ho, there will be other houses but it's given me a real reality check as to what could be possible if I cleared my debts.

The house we could get I think on hubby alone (my bad credit history etc) and capital in house/savings but I don't think my work would accommodate a move (budget cuts) and at present I work from home which would result in me having to commute daily to london which is 2-3 hours each way. Sooooooo I need to clear my debts, save some capital so that we can move and I can take a job more locally which is my ultimate goal eventually as I don't actually enjoy working from home, find it isolating and i've lost a lot of my social skills (not in a nasty way)....lack of contact on a daily basis makes me feel uninteresting and sometimes uninterested.

Right enough of my ramblings....forgive me....I know what I mean so please feel free to ignore. Just a bit of a rant/reality check ;)

Off to grab a chamomile tea, chill out for five then bed.

Hope everyone has had a nice evening xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport