Claim on Paypal guest payment

Options
An odd one from me and Paypal seems to have flummoxed me. I have messaged them but thought someone here might know more.

My wife purchased something that was not as described and the company she purchased from are not being helpful, to say the least. It's direct to the company, not an Ebay purchase.
The transaction went via Paypal and although my wife has a Paypal account it appears to have gone through as a guest payment. There's a 16 digit receipt number and nothing more in the transaction email.
I've tried all kind of searches within her Paypal account but there's no transaction there. Her Paypal account is barely used so it would be the only transaction in the last few years.
After that I couldn't find how to open a dispute with just the receipt number.
All the help pages ask to log in to the account to open a dispute, when I log in there's no transaction.
Anyone have any experience or know what we need to do.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have opened a case on Paypal when I've paid by guest (in the distant past) but I had to ring them to get them to do it.

Perhaps give them a call tomorrow, they should sort it out for you then, hopefully.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have opened a case on Paypal when I've paid by guest (in the distant past) but I had to ring them to get them to do it.

Perhaps give them a call tomorrow, they should sort it out for you then, hopefully.
    Thanks. That does look to be the only way they can do it (and they haven't done it yet).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure