Cordless vacuum or Henry which would you buy

2»

Comments

• adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I have a cordless and a Henry. I think the best cordless ones are probably out of your budget.I use my cordless for quick vacuums but it could never replace the Henry.
  • I'd definitely go for a cordless one. I have a dyson v6 and it's a little pricey but worth every penny. Been using it for a year now and never had any problems so far.
  • We bought a VAX cordless and to be honest I wouldn't go back to a corded vacuum again.

Only downfall is that it takes about 8 hours for a full charge with only 20 minutes usage. But hey, who wants to hoover for more than 20 minutes anyway? ;-)
  • adandem wrote: »
    I have a cordless and a Henry. I think the best cordless ones are probably out of your budget.I use my cordless for quick vacuums but it could never replace the Henry.

Same here - I have a Bosch Athlet which will just about do a quick once over for the whole house, but I wouldn't want to get rid of the Henry for occasional use. The cordless one does require emptying at least once each time I use it & filter cleaning, I think they probably all do. I charge it up after use, so it's always charged up when needed.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2018 at 2:52AM
    Abi_J wrote: »
    I have a iRobot Roomba 875 and got it for a great deal from https://www.peddler.com/product/irobot-roomba-875-vacuum-cleaner. You just need to press Clean and the job is done as it can really find its way through obstacles.So actually its worth the money you spend comparing with the other cordless vacuum cleaners.

Trouble is with these roaming robot cleaners, are some of them DO have very bad cleaning programming and can miss areas because of obstacles or constantly go over an area many times to do the whole room.

With a handheld or fixed cleaner you as a person have total control of where areas are cleaned.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • In_Debt_Bet
    In_Debt_Bet Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I have a cordless Shark which I love, I now actually enjoy. vaccuuming my house !!!55357;!!!56832; I it came with two batteries so I have always have a spare. It was a bit pricy but I am paying for it on interest free instalments.
    Worrying won't stop bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.
  • I'm with the cordless hoover for many reasons. A little pricey but certainly worth every penny. Got an old henry and had some good years but recently bought Dyson cordless.
  • I have been advised the G tech air ram is great, does anyone have experience of them? Our wired Dyson is on its last legs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure