Property Crowdfunding

Comments

• roy73 wrote: »
    Yes they do count towards your dividends allowance.

I believe that the capital gains also count towards your CGT allowance which is £11300 for 17/18

Thanks for the info. How much you planning to invest per property and overall etc?

I looked at property partner, looks interesting and may consider it as part of an overall portfolio. Will read with interest.

Thanks
  • roy73
    roy73 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2018 at 4:30PM
    How much you planning to invest per property and overall etc?

Initially I will be putting £100 into each platform, once I have found which platform works best for me I will be increasing my investment to £7.5 k with a one off investment initially.

If all goes well and the numbers that these platforms say come through I should start seeing a £500 ish return by the end of the year. After that who knows, I may transfer more savings across, but its a bit too early to commit to more right now.
    Initially I will be putting £100 into each platform, once I have found which platform works best for me I will be increasing my investment to £7.5 k with a one off investment initially.

If all goes well and the numbers that these platforms say come through I should start seeing a £500 ish return by the end of the year. After that who knows, I may transfer more savings across, but its a bit too early to commit to more right now.
    i like the look of Property Partner but assume you know the property goes to a vote every 5 years so me be sold or held even if you wish different at that time.There is a secondary market where you can try and sell outside of this time ( also as i read on the P2P indie forum Property Moose are i believe closing their SM in the next week or so)

Sounds good your testing plan before a lump sum and you could spread that around. It is quite good it is an option for the dividend allowance separate from the interest allowance which my P2P is taking up.

I understand property as well, looks very interesting for part of a portfolio. I signed up to property partner, nothing invested yet to look how it all works on their site. 5 years is fine with me too, I prefer longer investments and have no problem buying and holding. I will look into things more myself, something like £250 per property and build a portfolio up may interest me.
  • takesyourchances
    takesyourchances Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 February 2018 at 11:38PM
    firestone wrote: »
    i like the look of Property Partner but assume you know the property goes to a vote every 5 years so me be sold or held even if you wish different at that time.There is a secondary market where you can try and sell outside of this time ( also as i read on the P2P indie forum Property Moose are i believe closing their SM in the next week or so)

Property partner stood out to me as well. A 5 year hold would be fine with me, as I said in my above post I prefer holding longer term on investments and the vote idea sounds good at the end of the property term what happens. May not go your way, but if it's an investment route you want to stay in you can always buy into another property.

I read this guys blog which I like regular and here is his review on property partner updated this month which gives some good information. http://www.financialthing.com/property-partner-review/

I signed up to property partner to look at how it all works and the web site etc and looks well laid out. Will look into it more, something like £250 per property here and there may suit me and see how it all works. My idea would be another part of a wider portfolio and I don't want to buy another full property myself at present, I have enough :)
  • Anyone any more thoughts on property partner? I was thinking to buy a few at £250 to try it out with the view to adding in chunks like this. Have read several reviews and signed up so can see how the site works, any more hands on thoughts be interested to hear.

Thanks
  • anandp
    anandp Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anyone any more thoughts on property partner? I was thinking to buy a few at £250 to try it out with the view to adding in chunks like this. Have read several reviews and signed up so can see how the site works, any more hands on thoughts be interested to hear.

Thanks

I've been using Property Partner for a little over 2 years now (they had 2 or 3 properties when I originally joined them) and its been great seeing the platform grow to strength.

I've come across most of the others mentioned on here but didn't want to sign up with multiple sites for the same 'product' and plus the others didn't instil confidence. Having said that, UOWN is a new one on me so I'll be looking into how they work and might give them a try.

The team at PP are quite responsive and the secondary market shows a great deal of data when you're looking to reinvest dividends you receive. Often you can find property shares at a 10-15% discount to their current valuation which has an impact on the yield and attractiveness vs others. i think I saw an email the other day about PP about to introduce commercial property into their mix so its all getting more interesting as time goes on...
    Interested in property investment, web tech, social media, forex, equities. Also a proud father & entrepreneur of sorts.
  • anandp wrote: »
    I've been using Property Partner for a little over 2 years now (they had 2 or 3 properties when I originally joined them) and its been great seeing the platform grow to strength.

I've come across most of the others mentioned on here but didn't want to sign up with multiple sites for the same 'product' and plus the others didn't instil confidence. Having said that, UOWN is a new one on me so I'll be looking into how they work and might give them a try.

The team at PP are quite responsive and the secondary market shows a great deal of data when you're looking to reinvest dividends you receive. Often you can find property shares at a 10-15% discount to their current valuation which has an impact on the yield and attractiveness vs others. i think I saw an email the other day about PP about to introduce commercial property into their mix so its all getting more interesting as time goes on...

Thanks for your reply and you seem to be pleased with your experience using PP which is good to see. Out of the ones I looked into and read about, PP seemed to stand out more. Their site looks well detailed.

How much would you generally invest per property and generally what sort of yield are you getting?

I would plan to hold to term as such until it went to the vote on the property so it is not someting I would look to flip in and out of. The discounts for dividend re-investing sounds good too if they can be picked up.

I seen they have a unit with a smaller Sainsbury's in it as their first commercial property so looks like they will branch into this sector more as well.

I have some money back from cashing out of Asset Captial P2P which I was thinking to use a bit for PP to try. I was thinking £250 per property would give me 4 per thousand type idea if building a portfolio within this.

Much appreciated. thanks!
  • Added my first purchase on property partner, £250 plus the fees into the block of 13 flats in Sheffield. It's let me see how the account and process works. The site runs well and the information is good.

When adding to the account I will add in blocks of £250 as above idea be 4 properties per thousand and will leave these for the long term and see how this goes. Quite interested in this as I have 4 properties myself which includes 3 overseas and I don't want to buy any more full properties as such at the moment, so this way lets me get involved in another way.

Will just add to the account as I feel and build it up this way.
  • anandp
    anandp Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

How much would you generally invest per property and generally what sort of yield are you getting?

My investments per property vary hugely. I reinvest all the rental income received each month, and put a regular amount in too. Yield average is probably about 4% (lowest is 2.09%, highest s 7%+), though this is taking into account void provisions and does not include valuation gains so is on the conservative side.
    Interested in property investment, web tech, social media, forex, equities. Also a proud father & entrepreneur of sorts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure