Weight loss

124»

Comments

• andygb wrote: »
    So, how do you build a six pack if you "never actually use any of that junk"?

Personally I do side crunches with a medicine ball, planks and hanging leg raises.

Though you will see nothing unless you have a sufficiently low bf%.
    andygb wrote: »
    People do not have good physiques without working at it..

Who said otherwise?
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    andygb wrote: »
    cycling 100 miles in one go.

.....an odd way of putting it.
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    When my DD married 10 years ago we both went to Weight Watchers for a few months and both lost a couple of stone without doing any exercise whatsoever.

Needless to say we have both put it back on since. Not all in my case but some
  • Bob_Dean
    Bob_Dean Posts: 20 Forumite
    When you are hungry try drinking a pint of water. This can help you to cut snacks from your diet.
  • I used to walk miles (once walked from London to Brighton in one go) but always stayed the 'big girl'.

Joined Slimming World & have lost 3 stone so far. I go swimming three times a week for an hour.
  • fangoose
    fangoose Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Warrior diet for me. Eat evening meal only a d exercise dying the day before eating. 2 stone in 3 months. Not bad for an old 'un.
    you really don't need loads of meals a day and if your routine revolves around an evening family meal this is ideal as you can eat whatever you want
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I think weight training helps a lot with toning and tightening up through the waist and tummy. Also for the first time lately I'm doing intensive core training - which I HATE - but I think it is making a difference. Also eating more protein and fat and less carbs (not necessarily the full atkins but just focusing on eating more protein where possible). And for my money sugar (including alcohol) is the absolute worst thing for spread around the waist and belly.

You can take pills if you want but unless you make lifestyle changes you'll be back in the same boat next year.
  • Try to avoid Oil foods, Junk foods. Make a habit daily exercises like walking, jogging,at least 15-20 minutes per a day.
    By Doing Exercise you can reduce weight and make you healthy.
  • nitya wrote: »
    Try to avoid Oil foods, Junk foods. Make a habit daily exercises like walking, jogging,at least 15-20 minutes per a day.
    By Doing Exercise you can reduce weight and make you healthy.

Avoid junk foods yes, but fats (including in oil form) are essential macronutrients that need to be consumed in appropriate amounts.

I would advise medium or intense exercise 3x per week, rather than non taxing exercise every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure